Polycystic ovaries!

Nemi

Reaction score
So I had my HyCoSy scan today and I have polycystic ovaries :(

The doctor was talking as if I have PCOS but on looking at the info he gave me I only have one of the symptoms (difficulty in getting pregnant) and so now I dont know :shock:

Not sure how I feel atm, just a bit sad, but i guess if he can treat it then that is good.

I think he is going to start me on clomid but wants to get my results from a cervical smear first.

Why is everything such a struggle? Feel really crap!!

Big hugs!

I know I'm not the best example but I just wanted to say it's not the end of the world. It shouldn't stop you getting pregnant. I have no typical symptoms and they think something else is going on.

I strongly recommend high potency chromium and cinnamon (in one tablet) and myo-inositol. You need to be careful with clomid as your ovaries may be sensitive like mine (part of the condition) and you could over-respond. Xxx

Big hugs!

I know I'm not the best example but I just wanted to say it's not the end of the world. It shouldn't stop you getting pregnant. I have no typical symptoms and they think something else is going on.

I strongly recommend high potency chromium and cinnamon (in one tablet) and myo-inositol. You need to be careful with clomid as your ovaries may be sensitive like mine (part of the condition) and you could over-respond. Xxx

Thank you so much for your reply!

I'm feeling much better today, I think the initial shock yesterday made me down.

What is chromium and cinnamon? How much do you take and where do you get it from?

What do you mean by ovaries over responding? Surely if you release more eggs then that is good? Sorry if I am being stupid!

Mine is 2000mg. I am currently using the 21st Century brand
http://uk.m.iherb.com/21st-Century-Health-Care-Cinnamon-Plus-Chromium-2000-mg-120-Veggie-Caps/41320 You may be able to get it from health food shops too.

It shocked me too when they told me as I really wasn't expecting it. Endometriosis maybe, but not PCOS as I didn't have any symptoms! But no, I have it - the lean version. There are a number of types (Google PCOS types) and you will see different symptoms, causes and treatments.

Over-responding does mean more eggs but it means they go crazy and you're at risk of OHSS. They usually start ladies on 50mg of clomid and increase it if it doesn't work. I had 8 (!) eggs on 50mg and 5 on 25mg. You have to sign a form to say you won't BD if you're being monitored as there is a high risk of multiples. We BD when we had 5 anyway and still didn't get pregnant. I think you get lots of eggs but they are rubbish quality and sometimes not fully mature. Ideally you want one or two good eggs (although IVF is different). Xx

Thank you again!

Googling PCOS types was very useful!

I'm not sure what type I may have really! I am technically overweight, my BMI is 26 and should be 25 or less and I am a size 12 and very physically active (although more so in summer)

I have regular periods, don't get spots often, don't think I'm particularly overweight, but after 2 years of ttc without success I am willing to try anything. No more puddings for me :(

FX clomid will work for me, I'm sorry it hasn't worked for you. Thank you so much for your help and sharing your own experience. I really hope you get your BFP soon!!

Hopefully things will start looking up soon for you and you get a BFP soon. What scan did they do to diagnose PCOS, was it a TV or a jelly on the belly US?

Hopefully things will start looking up soon for you and you get a BFP soon. What scan did they do to diagnose PCOS, was it a TV or a jelly on the belly US?

Thank you for your kind words.

It was an ultrasound using a wand thing which they inserted. I also had HyCoSy where they put a dye inside you to check the tubes and uterus which are both fine for me (phew)

The only symptoms I had were iffy cycles and a lot of pain, and obviously cysts on the ovaries found on the scan. I cried at the GPs when she told me, felt like it was the end of the world. Plenty that can be done, don't lose hope xx

The only symptoms I had were iffy cycles and a lot of pain, and obviously cysts on the ovaries found on the scan. I cried at the GPs when she told me, felt like it was the end of the world. Plenty that can be done, don't lose hope xx

Thanks, its good to know that im not the only one who got upset at the news. I cried a lot when i got home. Also good to see people who have got their BFPs after being diagnosed! :)

Mine was the same as Kitty's really. My cycles were 24 days but with spotting for up to 2 weeks (!) beforehand. AF was very heavy and the cramps were bad. No other symptoms really, just the cysts and the infertility.

Even when they told me I had the cysts, they said it wasn't full on PCOS. They've never done a full hormone profile. They later told me it was full on PCOS, just a mild version, and gave me metformin. I was actually very happy to hear this and gave DH a massive hugs when they told me!

I was diagnosed at 16/17 after having very irregular periods. My periods can still be very erratic but more are more now around 35-45 days. It doesn't mean you don't ovulate just means it's not as often as you'd like. Chin up! It can be treated so keeping my fingers crossed for you that you get your BFP soon x

I second this- I was a bit devastated and then 3 cycles later with some help from supplements I got my bfp. FX it's a short journey for you too x

I think quite a few PCOS ladies get their BFPs on soy isoflavones btw... Clover has just got hers taking it days 5 to 9. I'm going to try it after my FET. It strengthens your ovulation. Xx

Thank you for your kind words.

It was an ultrasound using a wand thing which they inserted. I also had HyCoSy where they put a dye inside you to check the tubes and uterus which are both fine for me (phew)

I didnt notice I had a reply! I hope now they have some sort of diagnosis they can do as much as they can as soon as possible. I am still fighting for my diagnosis, no idea what it is but its not good but perseverance is the key

I think quite a few PCOS ladies get their BFPs on soy isoflavones btw... Clover has just got hers taking it days 5 to 9. I'm going to try it after my FET. It strengthens your ovulation. Xx

When I took soy it messed my cycles up. I went from 45 days to over 60. I haven't taken it since. Soy does work for some though!

When I took soy it messed my cycles up. I went from 45 days to over 60. I haven't taken it since. Soy does work for some though!

Oh no! :wall2: How frustrating. I might give it a few cycles author naturale and see what happens as the injections might mess everything up anyway. DH is unsure if he wants to continue trying after this, so I suppose it might depend on what happens (I don't plan to take contraceptives if he does want to stop - no point after all this time). Xx

I was diagnosed with PCOS in June last year and was referred to the fertility clinic at Hexham General. The only symptom I have is that my periods are virtually non existent and I wasn't ovulating at all.

2 months of clomid and I am now 22+3 with a little boy AND a little girl!!

Keep hope xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back