Poke!

tambo1976

Reaction score
I have to stop poking Scott when he's asleep or I'm gonna give him a complex! He just falls into such a deep sleep you can barely tell he's breathing, it scares the shit out of me and I have poked him so many times just for some movement, poor thing.

I wish he would take a dummy so I could see him sucking on it but he will only have one occasionally and then spits it out after a minute or so :(

tapatalkin

I may be that mummy that puts her hands on her baby's chest while he's sleeping, just to see if he's still breathing because he looks so so still. I'm beginning to relax but I still do it, especially at night.

I'm constantly checking Aaron is still breathing! But to be fair he snores so its quite easy to check :lol:

Tapatalking!

I feel your pain, I constantly check J its good we have little windows in our hall facing J's cot so we can see right in, he's always on his tummy these days and his sleeping bag doesn't stop him.

He's not rolled in his sleep yet but when he's awake he rolls on, he's never been a tummy sleeper so I'm a bit nervous of it.

xxxxx

I still check Ruby all the time, it's really hard to see her chest moving when she's in a deep sleep and I tried putting a finger under her nose as well (to check shes breathing) but she breathes really shallow too! I think I'll still be doing this when she's 16 tho, just in case!

Ditto! I'm another one for placing a hand on her chest! She's a very quiet sleeper and hardly moves.

im still paranoid and O is 11mths thank goodness for the angelcare x

Using tapatalk can't see tickers

I'm guilty of this too :) When I'm up at night, I always put my hand on his chest to check he is breathing...! That's if he isn't snuffling and growling like a little hog, in his usual fashion! xx

Ditto!

When H is in a deep sleep i have to poke him to make him move, it terrifies me! It's only on a night time tho, in the day when napping it's easy to see his little chest moving.

x x x

I'm actually tempted to buy one of those Angel care mats for him, had anyone got one? Are they worth the money? I don't want to buy one if they go off a lot randomly. A false alarm would give me a bloody heart attack in the middle of the night x

tapatalkin

My little one is 10 and a half months I stil do it x

I have a Tommee Tippee sensor mat and I still do it! lol

When my daughter was a baby she did actually stop breathing once in my arms so I just relive the terror I remember every time he is to still..

She had fallen asleep on her Dads lap eating a maoam and he put her in her cot. Just after I heard her breathing funny so I went in and picked her up and she just stopped breathing. I remember counting to 20 waiting for her to breath and trying not to panic but my heart banging in my chest. I threw her forward on to my bed to try and shock her to breath in but she never, so I put my finger into her mouth to try and make her gag and she suddenly swallowed and screamed. Her face had gone blue and slowly started turning pink again. While this was happening my ex had rang an ambulance and they arrived shortly after, checked her over, gave her oxygen and confirmed she must have had some of the sweet stuck in her throat because of the obs he did.

Needless to say I barely spoke to my ex for a good few weeks because of his stupidity and I have a horrendous fear of my baby stopping breathing :( x

tapatalkin

I choked on my tongue as a baby, my mum was changing my nappy she said and my tongue must have flapped back - I know its imposs to swallow your tongue but I did choke.

I have a tiny tongue though lol xxxxx

Guilty to for the first week when we brought Rian home i slept with the hall light on so i could see him breathing then got brave and turned it off but im always touching his chest to make sure hes ok. Its so scary when they go into such a deep sleep x

Get a sensor mat.
That may honestly be our best baby buy.
I never had a sleepless night or poked her lol. Ok maybe a couple of times in her car seat ha ha.
We have the angel care one and never had a false alarm thanks God.

I'm the same hope. I'm not overly concerned about his breathing as we have the mat, such a good thing to buy.

Its more now incase he rolls and gets stuck I'm scared of :/ lol xxxxx

When my daughter was a baby she did actually stop breathing once in my arms so I just relive the terror I remember every time he is to still..

She had fallen asleep on her Dads lap eating a maoam and he put her in her cot. Just after I heard her breathing funny so I went in and picked her up and she just stopped breathing. I remember counting to 20 waiting for her to breath and trying not to panic but my heart banging in my chest. I threw her forward on to my bed to try and shock her to breath in but she never, so I put my finger into her mouth to try and make her gag and she suddenly swallowed and screamed. Her face had gone blue and slowly started turning pink again. While this was happening my ex had rang an ambulance and they arrived shortly after, checked her over, gave her oxygen and confirmed she must have had some of the sweet stuck in her throat because of the obs he did.

Needless to say I barely spoke to my ex for a good few weeks because of his stupidity and I have a horrendous fear of my baby stopping breathing :( x

tapatalkin

omg! I think this is every parents worse nightmare! if this had happened to my baby I think I'd get a bit obsessed about watching her sleep! xx

Definitely recommend a sensor mat x

Tapatalking!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back