Plus sized mummies and bumps!

Discussion in 'Second Trimester' started by KirstyLeigh88, Mar 14, 2016.

1. KirstyLeigh88

KirstyLeigh88 Well-Known Member

Hi all,

I am of a plus size, and have so far had a few people mistake my belly for a bump 🙈

So my question is, when did all you plus sized mummies see your bump starting to form? The bottom of my belly is definitely different to normal in that it isn't hanging (sorry, TMI!)

It might make me feel more pregnant, as I have gotten to the stage of being blissfully unaware I am pregnant due to no symptoms at all 😁

2. Nickinakinoo

Nickinakinoo Well-Known Member

The top of my belly is growing but the bottom bit is saggy, I just look fatter than usual! I'm a size 20, I wish I looked pregnant!

3. fairyprincess

fairyprincess Well-Known Member

I'm a size 16, mine appeared at about 14 weeks and is obvious it's a bump and not just fat now lol x

4. Mrs M

Mrs M Well-Known Member

In my first pregnancy I never looked pregnant. In my second I was a lot thinner and was in maternity clothes around 14 weeks. This time I'm bigger that I've ever been - BMI was over 39 at booking - and with the help of bumpbands and the right clothes I've looked pregnant since around 17 weeks x

5. Mrsbee

Mrsbee Well-Known Member

Mine popped out at 13 weeks, but I'm not sure if people think "fat or pregnant" I kinda make a point of stroking it haha! To be fair a few people have said "I thought you had a bump but I didn't want to say incase I was wrong" xxxx

6. flexilexi394

flexilexi394 Well-Known Member

I am a size 16 and you can see I'm starting to get a bump but it looks like fat lol! I am really looking quite frumpy all over, I'm going to blow up this pregnancy I just know it! Xx

7. Lil miss lee

Lil miss lee Well-Known Member

I'm a plus size mum also I'm only 10-11 weeks pregnant at the mo so no sign of bump. I'm a size 18-20 but on slimming world and slowly but surely losing the pounds. I hate that my bump doesn't show as early as the little skinnys do lol xx

8. Mictho29

Mictho29 Well-Known Member

I'm a 18/20 and my top part of tummy has definitely grown and feels firmer I'm nearly 17wks x

9. KirstyLeigh88

KirstyLeigh88 Well-Known Member

Thanks ladies! I am a size 16 normally, top half is definitely looking very much like a bump!

I went swimming today, and it was beautiful just swimming along and being able to feel a bump at the bottom!

I must admit I am jealous of all the not plus sized ladies getting bumps earlier!

10. Summergurl

Summergurl Well-Known Member

I'm a 14/16 & currently 19+4 and my bump hasn't popped yet (1st pregnancy) but i am looking a lot rounder. That awkward stage of 'is she pregnant or just putting on weight?' Can't wait to start showing b