please reassure me that it does get better

Sarah W Baby Belly

Reaction score
hello everyone

just found a spare 30 seconds and I thought I would let you know that the last couple of days I have found hard.

I have threatened to put Samuel on formula a few times and I have been more tearful with his restlessness.

I never expected to get much done at this stage but I feel that it is a struggle even to eat. I want to be able to feed myself with an intravenous drip so that I can sleep during all the breaks, because I feel more tired than hungry, but I know I must eat as well.!

:roll:

Just need little reminders that things will get better. Thank you

awww babe they will get better it wont seem it now but it will get better

Hello darling it does get better and as they grow they learn how to read your signs and the other way around.

It sometimes goes up and down and when you think you have it sorted they decide to change the rules, but when they start smiling and showing more interest in what's going on it makes it seem so much worth it.

It will get better I promise :)

How about giving Samuel one bottle of formula a day (or night) to give you a break?? It's an individual choice but it won't do baby any harm and it will probably make mummy happier and a happier mummy will feel better when the crappy times come.

Will speak to you soon - actually I will try and call you tonight for a goss!

xx

It gets better Honey!!
TRUST ME :lol:

I had a real hard time after I had Phoebe but now I am loving it.

Once they can sit up against the sofa and look around and are interested in their toys you will have 5mins to yourself. Think they get restless because they are permanantly tired and bored!! Can't comment on breast feeding as I never had the chance to do it but if you feel you want to stop then that is perfectly fine. It doesn't make you a bad mum!!

It is hard though but who ever said it was going to be easy?!! :shock:

I'd say things improved massively for we when Phoebe reached 8 weeks. So not long Honey!!

BubbleOne said:
Once they can sit up against the sofa and look around and are interested in their toys you will have 5mins to yourself. Think they get restless because they are permanantly tired and bored!!

That is so true!!

Oh hun it get SO MUCH better!

Brody is 9 weeks now and will lie there looking at/reaching for his baby gym now and that's so useful if I need to get something done.
Pretty soon you'll start to feel like your hard work is paying off and the smiles you get in return feel so worth it!

Hi,

I really didn't believe people when they told me it would get better really quickly but it is true, honestly. I found those first few weeks hellish- actually harder than I found the labour or the pregnancy in a way as it was such a huge all body/mind thing for all of us. By 6 weeks though it all started to get nicer and less hysterical. They change so very fast and sooner than you think your baby will be smiling, playing, laughing and learning new things everyday. The really little baby bit doesn't last long at all in the scheme of things although it seems like an age at the time. Maybe you could give your baby a bottle for the evening feed and then get someone else to do it so that you could get some sleep? I had to give up breastfeeding after the first week which I was very upset about but on the other hand it meant my husband could feed him at 11pm so that I could go to sleep between 7 and 11.30pm and get some quality sleep in before the night time. I even put earplugs in so that I couldn't hear him crying as I knew my husband would get me if he needed me and otherwise I found it totally impossible to relax. Hang on in there hun, it doesn't last long :)

+++

It does get better Sarah, I had days like you're having and it's perfectly normal. BF is hard hard work, it took me a good 5 weeks to get into it and even now I hate it when Ella is having a feeding frenzy and wont get off the nipple!

You'll be fine hon, it doesn't last forever :)

{{{hugs}}}

I think it gets better I found the first week so hard, the whole eating thing I could hardly be bothered and think thats why I lost 2 stone in the space of a couple of weeks. Matthew is 3 weeks tomorrow and although its still tiring we are in more of a routine and since last sunday he's sleeping at night and only waking for feeds. (touch wood he keeps it up!) Plus I had stiches which makes everything even going to the loo such an effort. Keep your chin up, you'll soon get used to everything and know when and what he wants, we know what Matthews hungry cry is now and when he just wants a cuddle. If you want to use formula then you should, dont feel bad about it I wanted to breastfeed and only did it for a day as I was so knackered from the labour it was easier to bottle feed and just as well as Matthew has one hell of a suck and he now takes up to 5oz a time! He's gained 1lb 1oz in 3 weeks

minikins said:
How about giving Samuel one bottle of formula a day (or night) to give you a break?? It's an individual choice but it won't do baby any harm and it will probably make mummy happier and a happier mummy will feel better when the crappy times come.

I found it helpful to give a bottle of formula as Seren was constantly demanding feeding and I had a lot of probs with cracked nipples and blood blisters. I also found nipple shields helpful, and both things have helped me to breastfeed for a lot longer then I have done. I haven't experienced any problems with nipple confusion but you could use a cup if you are worried about it. Sending you a big hug too x

Oh it does get better!

I was like a zombie for the first two weeks, I wasn't me at all. It's the fatigue, honey. You've just been through a tremendous physical change that your body cushions for you while you're pregnant by having all these pregnancy hormones floating around your system. Then you have the baby - which is a physical ordeal - and you come home and expect everything of yourself...being able to keep house, cook and be mom. You are tired. You need to sleep.

1. Get some sleep, especially when samuel is sleeping.

2. People say that "breast is best". It may indeed be - for baby - but my oby/gyn told me that the local mental hospital had a ward for breastfeeding mothers! He was joking but all jokes have a basis in truth don't they? If b/f is not for you, then it isn't. I would advise you to go with what you feel is easier for you and will leave you less tired. NEVER MIND what OH says. They are your breasts so you are going to have to do all the work.

3. Get an hour a day just to yourself...whether you immerse yourself in a bath or read a book...dump that baby in his arms, pop in a pair of earplugs and off you go. VITAL

4. Get out with the pram - even if it's only around the block.

5. Let housework go hang. And if you can't look at it building up, hire a cleaning lady. I had one in before coming home from hospital, and again just before the christening. Brilliant. Inexpensive. I am thinking of making her a permanent fixture when I go back to work.

6. Be good to yourself.

*HUG*

Sue

Hey

We had a horrible time when we came home. Well it was horrible at the hospital too! I was in labour for 23 something hours and they never took Isaac to the nursery so apart from one feed, which I had to beg the midwife to do because I felt drunk I was so exhausted, he was with me constantly. When we got home things were all over the place but now we are in a good routine and its really enjoyable.

No matter how tired or fed up or out of control you feel just remember it's not forever and things will fall into place you just have to give it time :)

Hope you feel better soon

Lou

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back