Please please help - opinions needed....

Christina1979

Reaction score
We have chosen a name if our baby is a girl but are really stuck on the boys name...

we like Thomas

But im soooo worried about the association with Thomas the Tank Engine...

Should I let it stop me using it? please help?

:lol: I already have a James, and Thomas is on my short list for this one!
If anyone has to worry about tank engine connections it's me.

I really wouldn't worry :D James has always thought it's cool he has the same name as one of the tank engines, whenever James was on the tv when he was younger he'd say 'that's me! I'm James!'

Thomas was one of the boys names we had picked out :D Thomas the tank engine never occurred to me at all though so I wouldn't worry about using the name. Maybe if you were considering the name Percy though :wink:

I wouldn't worry about it. There are loads of children with names the same as TV characters. I have got a Jake and there is a Jake in the Tweenies and Jakers the pig.

When we decided to call Oliver we didnt think of Oliver Twist and ud be suprised how many people go "Oliver Oliver" when they say his name

Its funny how people assosiate certain names with certain people!!!!

I think Thomas is a fantastic name (as is James!) regardless of any Tank Engine connection!!!

Oh please don't worry about that hun! It's a lovely name and "Tank Engine" is not something that springs to mind when I hear the name!

Go for it :D xxx

:D my dad sells Thomas the Tank Engine trains lol.

It didn't occur to me either, and I made the website for him so I know practically all the Sodor related vehicle names :wall: It was one on our short list too, it's a fab name.

x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back