Please help possible miscarriage

Ampowell13

Reaction score
I know there’s probably not many doctors in here and what I’m truly looking for is hope. My wife had her first ultrasound at what we believed to be six weeks. They told her they didn’t see any sac or yolk in her uterus and that they would rescan a week later. Her second US was this morning and they found a yolk, sac and fetus but no heartbeat . They also told her that her gestational sac is misshaped and that they should be able to hear a heartbeat by now. They told her that a miscarriage is likely and asked her if she would rather have a D and C or take medication. They want to do another US in five days to see if they find a heartbeat but told her it’s unlikely. Her first positive pregnancy test was on March 25 meaning she has to be at least 7 weeks. I’ve attached pictures of the US ... has anyone experienced something similar and went on to have a successful pregnancy ... I can’t imagine how hard this must be on my wife because it’s absolutely crushing me... thank you all upload_2020-4-27_10-25-44.jpeg

I don't think we have any doctors on here I'm afraid :( I'd wait though, just in case they can see something on the next ultrasound, especially if she isn't bleeding or anything.

Good luck and I hope it works out for you :)

Thanks so much. I’m honestly just hoping to find someone who has experienced a similar situation with a positive outcome to give us some hope. The waiting is killing us.

I would also wait before going for a d&c. Not only is she not bleeding, but it's a surgical procedure, why are they pushing for an operation when you can also take pills? I would wait honestly.x

Yes if this follow up ultrasound also shows no fetal heartbeat then we will be going somewhere else for a second opinion . I’m also confused because they told her that the embryo is measuring at 6 weeks and 1 day but are also telling us that they believe she’s going to miscarry because they don’t see a heartbeat.

Yes if this follow up ultrasound also shows no fetal heartbeat then we will be going somewhere else for a second opinion . I’m also confused because they told her that the embryo is measuring at 6 weeks and 1 day but are also telling us that they believe she’s going to miscarry because they don’t see a heartbeat.

even without a heartbeat they can measure the size of the foetus, that means that next time if she is scanned and it’s the same size they know it hasn’t grown.

I’ve had two previous miscarriages so I know it’s not what you want to hear but with the pregnancy I am currently in I went for an early scan at 6 weeks because I was experiencing really consistent and strong cramping and being my 4th child I didn’t think it was normal. They found one sac with a healthy baby and heart beating but then also found what they called a possible bleed but to me looked just like what your wife’s scan looked like it’s just that there wasn’t anything visible in it. By a later scan it had reabsorbed but I strongly suspect it was a non viable twin, I felt from early on that I had had two lots of implantation dips in my chart and things.

but anyway, I’m really sorry for you and your wife. I definitely would not have a d&c until they are totally sure x

It may also be worth noting that she became pregnant immediately after stopping birth control before ever having a period . So all we have to go off of as far as gestational age is the date of her first pregnancy test

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back