Please help me!

Hannahf2012

Reaction score
Hiya Guys

Hoping someone will be going through or have been through the same this as i am, My Little Boy is 2 Years and 3 months and has never ever slept through the night.

he has now also taken to not eating and constantly asking for milkshake or yoghurts, wont touch any food that we give him, his lunchbox, or even baby food, Doc said there is nothing wrong with him but to perserphere, (hes ok he isnt getting up at 1am with him and staying up till 4am when he goes bk to sleep then going to work at 8am!)

I dont know what else to do we have tried holding his bedtime off till 8 - 9
o'clock at night but still wakes up in between 1 - 3 am - he no longer has a nap during the day and is on the go all day as he has nursery every day then home for the rest of the afternoon

Thanks xx

What is he doing when he wakes ie crying, getting out if bed? My only thought would be to totally ignore him as much as possible - if he gets out if bed, keep putting him back and don't engage him in anyway. If he cries, go in and calm him, lay him down, kiss, say good night, cover him and leave the room and keep repeating if necessary. Is he in a cot or bed? Don't take him out if his bedroom at all, don't read to him, turn lights on, talk or get him a drink or anything. Maybe he's learnt that he gets lots of attention in the middle of the night, gets taken in the lounge, cuddled, talked to, is allowed to watch tv, gets a drink or a story or something. I think it will be a really hard habit to break and may not feel like youre making any process at first but he should soon learn there's no point in him getting up. Good luck xxx

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using Tapatalk

Wss
And I think with the food just keep giving it to him and don't give him his yogurts or milkshakes. They say a child won't starve themselves so will eat eventually if they know your not going to give in.
It does sound like he's testing the barriers although it will be hard work you will get through it

What about offering the milkshake and yoghurt as a treat/insentive for eating his food? He's old enough now to understand that he won't get what he wants until he does what's asked

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back