Please help me before i Kill my sister!

Dee1985

Reaction score
my new corner cream leather sofa :cry: :cry:

she has just got Black hair dye on it. straight away i have scrubed it with a bbay wipe! aint touched it. i sprayed kitchen clearner on it! its not moving only started to rub the leather away!!!!

OMG im sooooo fuming

please any advice before i cry

OMG hun thats a blimmin nightmare!!!!!

I would say nail varnish remover....but prob not a good idea on leather!!!

Try hair shampoo, it gets dye off skin so it might work on leather?

can you get like a polish stuff like shoe polish but for sofa's if not ring where you go it from they mite be able to help

hope that helps :hug:

washing up liq ?

can you post a pic so we can see what we're up against?

I've just found this on a tip site:

Removing stains on white leather - I have just removed black hair dye (a lot of it) and blue felt tip pen mark from my white leather sofa with hairspray. Use it sparingly. Do one mark at a time. Spray it on and leave it for a few seconds, then dab at the stain with a clean, dry, preferably white cloth or white kitchen paper...Do not rub! Don't allow the hairspray to dry and when the stain has been removed, use your usual leather conditioner. I use Wizz (in the UK). Before being advised to use the hairspray, I had tried a variety of other things without success. The hairspray worked instantly. I also found that 'cheap' hairspray worked better than the top brands.

also:
Ink removed from leather - I tried the non-acetone nail polish remover. It did remove the ink, but it started to eat away at the leather. Use it carefully.

omg i would be sooo pissed off! sorry not helping, bagpuss great liink il keep that for future ref!

i bet dionne is attacking the sofa with hairspray as we speak :D

thats what i was gonna suggest, hairspray.
we have a cream leather sofa too & over the years we've had biro & allsorts on it, josh got nailvarnish on it a few months ago & it wont shift :cry:

good luck.

i am just about to leave my house running late to get the docs!
im so fuming Jade is hiding in the bathroom!

its in such a noticable place to big blobs of the stuff!

you lades are the besy bagpuss your a star i will be trying every thing as soon as i am back!!!!!!

if i aint back i have been done for murder :wall:

dionne go to the hair dressers they will have solution that gets dye out of skin, it "should" remove it off your sofa without leaving a stain, :hug:

nope its well and truely FOOKED!
put a tiny bit of hairspray on and dabbed it and its took the leather away. now its just a big grey patch where there is no leather! i am going to phone land of leather see if i can get the back cushion replaced? but i no its discontinued now :cry:

i hope some thing can be done :pray:

Kris is going to hit the roof

make sure ur sis pays for the replacement!!

you shouldnt of dabbed thehairspray hun it says just put it on then when its removed wash it off before it dries with leather shampoo...

oh fooking hell Dionne! try contacting the people you bouhght it from and ask them what they recommend. mine came with an emergency pack to clean off stuff like that

did you get the deal thing with land of leather where you pay like £200 and any damages or anything are fixed/replaced for the first 2 years or something?

if not you might have to just take the damaged cusion to a leather repair store, they may be able to get that piece off and replace it (if they can get the same colour leather)

Good luck huni

Oh and punch your sister ion the face!

no didnt get cover :(

going to get intouch see what they can do.

i feel sorry for my sister now. my dad went mad at her. she was crying and he was ready to slap her one.

dionne said:
my new corner cream leather sofa :cry: :cry:

she has just got Black hair dye on it. straight away i have scrubed it with a bbay wipe! aint touched it. i sprayed kitchen clearner on it! its not moving only started to rub the leather away!!!!

OMG im sooooo fuming

please any advice before i cry

NEVER FEAR!!!!!

I have a WHITE SOFA, and my bint of a mate got fake tan on it, anything i tried just moved the fake tan about and never actually took it off the sofa.

But Jif Bathroom Cleaner, a nail brush (Scrup a bar of non perfumend soap onto the nail brush, then spray some jif onto your sofa then scrub with the nail brush).

But once its all off, you must use a nail brush again (with no soap) and water and take off the bathroom cleaner and soap that u just wiped on ur sofa, because leather needs to breathe, and the soap clogs up the pours in the leather when it tries to get out the dirt and grime.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
candigrams
Back