Playschool settling in visit - did you leave your child?

Woldo

Reaction score
My son is 3 next month. He has his playschool settling in visit this afternoon. He's due to start at the beginning of September. I was planning on staying there with him for a while then leaving him there without me for about 30 minutes as I don't want him to think in September when he starts that I will be with him all the time. He will only be there afternoons so only 3 hours without me. Anyway I was speaking to my mum this morning and she said that she wouldn't leave him alone on by himself now I'm having second thoughts!! What do you think?...

When my LO went to nursery at 6 months for her settling in sessions I left her. Unless there's a hugely specific issue I'm not sure why you'd need to stay - that may just confuse him. Staff will be used to LOs being a bit unsettled for first time - if your worried just ask that they call you if he doesn't settle. X

On my iPhone - so cant see tickers :(

I was told there is quite a bit of paper work to fill in when I get there so by the time I've done that I'm hoping he'll be engrossed in the toys and other kids to worry about me! And like you say they have my number just in case! :)

I left the building, went to the gym!

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk 2

Cay just started nursery last week, and had six settling in sessions over the fortnight before.

The first one, I stayed, the second I left after about half hour, the rest I left him. He was absolutely fine xx

Just to let you know I stayed with him a while then left him for about 50 mins! When I went back to get him he didn't want to leave! Lol I won't worry now come September!! Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back