Planned Section

Simoneh00

Reaction score
What can I expect from a planned C section?
Last time was an emergency so just wondering how it will differ if it comes to it...
What time did you go to hospital, how long were you kept in etc?

my first was emergency, 2nd was elective, i went in the day before for the pre op checks and they monitior bubs for awhile, my section was booked for 9am and i had to be there about 7am, when i arrived i was told about what would happen, the bloke who does the epidural (cant think what hes called) came and spoke to me and i had to sign some forms, got changed into a gown and waited till they come to get me, when they did i walked to the theater and they sat me on the bed, (ex was getting changed into his theater clothes) held onto a pillow while they did the epidural, laid down and they strapped me to the table, tilted it do the epidural worked its way around my body. put the screens up and used different props to see if i could feel anything, ex enters room and sat next to me, then they started the section, all i could feel was pulling and pushing, then felt like a load of weight was lifted off of me, and heard a gush, ex was filming they told him to stand up when they were pulling her out, they cut the cord and put a towel over me and laid her on me after they cut the cord, while i had a cuddle they sorted me out then they weighed her and wrapped her up properly and gave her back and wheeled me into recovery. This was 5 years ago but im guessing it wont have changed by much.
Hope ive helped :)

My sister works in a hospital and she says she loves planned sections cos everyone's (generally!) calm!!

thats a great link, made me remember bits that i forgot :)

thats a great link, made me remember bits that i forgot :)

Yeah - I was looking for information myself earlier today. I find babycentre.co.uk is a really helpful site at the best of times :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back