Placentas!!

l_maclean

Reaction score
Just back from antenatal class and they showed us a fresh one - with sack and cord still attached.

Apparently on of the guys has a bet on and is actually planning to EAT theirs!! :sick:

Xxx

bleurgh think im gonna be sick they look awful!

I LOVE placentas. They are an amazing piece of kit. I can't believe how clever they are, and I get a real "I made that" moment about it x

Wow!! I didn't think they would show you one of those! I guess it's good to be prepared etc mind.

I was shocked at how big they are.

the midwife said this was quite a little one. - it didnt look to bad - but cant understand the wanting to eat it. That would need to be one hell of a bet for me to even consider that!! xxx

i thought we werent allowed to take them out of the hospital? i wanted to take mine lol but my mum said they dont let u anymore

You can, after they have checked that it's in tact. Just ask x

i thought we werent allowed to take them out of the hospital? i wanted to take mine lol but my mum said they dont let u anymore

As far as I'm aware (correct me if I'm wrong) but I'm sure you can do whatever you want with it. I bet most people ask hospital to dispose of it though, that's what I'm choosing anyway!
If you say you want to take it home, then they can't really say you're not allowed, after all, it is yours!

Last edited:
yeah - as far as I know you're quite at liberty to request it - i think there's a bit in our birth plan notes about disposal - so they know if you want it.

I am taking mine - very good for roses apparently - going to plant one for the wee women in the garden with the placenta below it :)

At my parent ed. class today the midwife said that only 10 days ago a lady bought the baby home with the placenta still attached to the baby.. she didn't want to cut the cord and was going to wait for it to fall of herself! If they let you do that I'm sure you can take the placenta with you unattached as well :p

At my parent ed. class today the midwife said that only 10 days ago a lady bought the baby home with the placenta still attached to the baby.. she didn't want to cut the cord and was going to wait for it to fall of herself! If they let you do that I'm sure you can take the placenta with you unattached as well :p

wow - thats different!!

Isn't that called a lotus birth? The placenta stays attached until the cord drops off x

still think euuuuu but at my parent craft they said its your placenta and u can do what u want with it but most people just let hosp get rid

Did also mention how good it is for roses lol still not enough of a fan of flowers to make me take ithhome

I watched a programme recently and a women had a placenta business where she would cook up people placentas and make placenta shaped blood prints on cards for them to keep forever :)

She made dried slices and also made a women a milkshake :shock:

Yum yum.

I think it'd be mad to leave the placenta attached after the baby's born. Even in the wild animals chew through the cord it's just common sense.

Ewww that's gross. I,ve also heard that's it,s good for roses, and the reason people eat it, is coz it,s so high in nutrients after all it gave the baby all the nutrients it needed. Tho I can,t imagine anyone wanting to eat it, blah :sick::sick:

Poped over from second tri but im almost third tri anyways. I'm taking mine home and having it encapsulated sp? Its really good for your body, espesh if you are BF or suffer from PND. Here is a link if your interested.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back