Placenta previa and on bedrest

MellyB

Reaction score
Hi
Im 26 weeks pregnant and have just been put on bedrest due to placenta previa. Im interested in anything to do with pregnancy, complications, bedrest, but more importantly weght gain, maternity fashion, and still looking great through this whole thing. Just kidding, well, sort of. Anyway, I'm bored so if you have anything to chat about I'll be here!

lol! welcome melly! i don't have much insight.. as i'm newly pg... just wanted to say welcome and hi!

Hey there! Thanks and congratulations! How ya feeling?

HEY! I'm doing fairly well... today's been a "bad" day with the nausea.. can't seem to find anything I'm interested in eating either! lol! oh well! I'm glad to deal with it!

So sorry you're feeling sick. If it helps, that part of pg tends to pass quickly. Just wait until you can't stop eating and EVERYTHING sounds good. I'm normally a diet-aholic so that part is rough :lol:

Hi my name is shari and I am 28 weeks and 2 days and have been in the hospital since valentines day, diagnosed with placenta previa, I will be here until its time for my baby to be born. So if anyone would like to chat I am here. I also have two kids at home and its very hard on them just trying to find a way to get thru this. :)

Hi Shari- How come they're keeping you in the hospital that long? Did you have a big bleed? I'm on bedrest and have been for about 5 weeks now but luckily I've been able to mostly do my bedrest at home. I did have 1 week at the hosp. I was so relieved they let me go home! I also have 2 kids at home and it was so hard to see them go home for the night without me. I'm sorry that you also know what I'm talking about. How old are your other children? Well, I hope you're keeping your spirits up. I'd love to chat since I'm sure we're both bored to death!!!!
Take care-I look foward to hearing back from you. :)

Hi Melly,
Thanks for responding sounds like our situation is totally the same except you get to be at home. What is your due date? I am may 14 but he can come at anytime if I get the big bleed. Yes they admitted when I was bleeding heavy and diagnosed my previa, didn't think I would still be here but here I am almost 32 weeks and they are trying to keep me pg. at least till 35 weeks, I have just started bleeding again on and off all weekend, I am at a great hospital that cares for premies so I am so ready to go home, I miss my kids(8 & 4) and my poorhubby who is taken on alot since I have been here. How come you getg to be on bedrest at home? (so jealous) How old are your other kids? Did you have complications with those pregnancies? Where are you from? I am in California. Well I hope your well and would love to chat some more. Take care.....shari :)

Hey Shari,
My official due date is May 21st, but like you we're probably going to deliver early. The doc says between 34 & 36 weeks they'll do an amnio to check his lung development and if its ok, they'll deliver by c-section. I had the steroid injections when I was in the hosp so that should help his little lungs along. Did you have the steroid shots too? Are you also going to have an amnio? I'm not exactly sure why I get to be at home. My 1st bleed was at 24 weeks and I was told to stay on bedrest at home unless I wanted to be at the hosp (yeah right). A couple weeks later I had another bleed and that's when I went to the hosp. I know they thought about keeping me there until delivery but I told them I'd stay off my feet and they knew I had childcare for my other kids (my sister had been my nanny when I was at work so she's just continued doing that while my hubby's at work otherwise I'd NEVER be off my feet, my other two are a boy-4 yrs, and a girl-11 mo). So, anyway with that promise from me, they let me go home again but said if I had any more bleeding I had to return to the hosp. I've had 2 other bleeds since then, but neither was REALLY big so I avoided the hosp like the plague because I know they'll admit me for good if I go back. I would in no way recommend that to anyone else because I know it's dangerous. I just don't know how I would stand being in the hosp that long!!

No, I never did have any complications with my other 2, but since both were c-sections I assume the scarring from those previous sections is what's caused the previa. How about you? Any other complications? I know what you mean about your poor hubby. Mine too. And, it was definately worse for him while I was in the hosp. How's your guy holding up? How often does he get to visit you and does he bring the kids? With my baby being 11 mo and crawling all over the place it was really hard to bring her to the hosp. Yours are older so that's good, they can just sit and hang out with you at least. I know that must be hard to be away from them though.

I'm from Calif. too. Palm Springs area. How about you? What do you do to pass the time? I know I've read 2 full books and spend way too much time on the computer now especially since I'm normally not at all a computer person. Anyway, I'm so sorry you're in the same boat as me but, I'm sure glad to have someone to chat with that knows what I'm talking about. Speaking of that there is a website called Sidelines that will pair you up with an online buddy who's been in your situation and you can e-mail each other for support. Hope that helps. How heavy is your bleeding now? Do they at least let you get up for showers? Usually they do but I know some get restricted from it. If they do let you, just take really looooong showers since its probably your only activity of the day.
Well, I'm glad you're in a good hosp that's well equipped to deal with preemies (just in case). Try not to get too bored and write back soon!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back