Pityriasis Rosea

KateK

Reaction score
Hi guys, i'm only 4 weeks (got my BFP this morning after thinking i'd had a chemical.. bit of a long story!)

Basically i've been suffering (and I mean suffering!!) with pityriasis rosea for the last couple of weeks and I am absolutely petrified about the potential effect on the baby..It's an itchy, sore, misery-inducing rash all over my stomach, boobs, neck, chest, thighs and groin. They think it's a virus that causes it but there isn't a huge amount of research that's been done on it.. There's an increased risk of miscarriage in the early stages according to one study carried out in Italy (though the sample size was tiny - 38 women.)

Has anyone had it in pregnancy and had no problems? I can't find much out there from people who have had it from such an early stage.. I have an appointment with the GP on the 1st June but I was hoping to gain some reassurance before then!

Kate xx

no experience of this. Try posting in the general pregnancy chat section as well- people from other trimesters may be able to help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back