pissed off and need advice!

bbee

Reaction score
i am so angry! so so so angry!
i had a swab taken friday due to green discharge and they said the results would be in on monday, so i rang and they werent in -.-, so i rang again tuesday and they had my results and i got the all clear! so i was so happy and could finally get on with things and stop worrying! Anyway, so i get a call today saying that there is an infection and i need antibiotics. the woman i spoke to on the phone said it was BV, and then she said 'oh actually, im not sure' so she put me through to the nurse and she said a whole complete other name to it! she said i shouldnt worry but she couldnt tell me anything about it ! so ive got an infection in my vagina and no one can tell me what it is or anything about it! anyway, i picked up my prescription and i have to take four Flucloxacillin tablets a day for a week.. does anyone know what it can be? i am going out of my mind. its just one thing after another. i am really struggling to cope now! i hear stupid horror stories about people going into labour ridiculously early due to these infections or even having miscarriages, so i am petrified! and no one is telling me anything!!!!
Does anyone know of any infections it could be? :( has anyone had an infection during pregnancy? what should i do? what should i not do?
the nurse did say that its a normal infection ladies get when theyre too hot or something? i dont know! gahh!!
i appreciate any help , thanks xxx

also. the discharge has stopped now so i have no idea once ive finished the course of tablets, whether the infection has gone or not?
this is just ridiculous.

Last edited:
Give your midwife a call and tell her about your concerns. Just remember that you must finish your course of antibiotics. Good news that it seems to be clearing up though. x

I had bv in early pregnancy which is basically an overgrowth of bacteria (a bit like thrush) I was given the gel though (amoxicillin I believe) as I thought it was safer in pregnancy. I would call and speak to a gp (not nurse!!) and ask for a definitive answer on what you have (I would think bv though judging by what they said) if that's the case please do not worry as tons of women have it (I didn't even know as my swab was taken for bleeding) so imagine all the women who could have it or even have it all through their pregnancy. It's very rare for any issues and my gp said its not even proven. I've started using something called balance activ for bv which is from boots completely safe in pregnancy and prevents of treats bv. I'm now using it once a week as it maintains the ph balance to prevent bv coming back. Maybe after its cleared up you could start using that.

Please don't worry though - everything will be fine and sorry how they have messed you about :( x

Oh and I went for a swab four weeks after treatment to check it had cleared up x

I had bv in early pregnancy which is basically an overgrowth of bacteria (a bit like thrush) I was given the gel though (amoxicillin I believe) as I thought it was safer in pregnancy. I would call and speak to a gp (not nurse!!) and ask for a definitive answer on what you have (I would think bv though judging by what they said) if that's the case please do not worry as tons of women have it (I didn't even know as my swab was taken for bleeding) so imagine all the women who could have it or even have it all through their pregnancy. It's very rare for any issues and my gp said its not even proven. I've started using something called balance activ for bv which is from boots completely safe in pregnancy and prevents of treats bv. I'm now using it once a week as it maintains the ph balance to prevent bv coming back. Maybe after its cleared up you could start using that.

Please don't worry though - everything will be fine and sorry how they have messed you about :( x

thank you ladies!
thank you soooo much, this has made me feel so much better! i am deffo going to take a trip to boots and get balance activ once ive finished by course! sounds great and will keep my mind at ease! again, thank you! its so nice to talk to someone who actually gives me some form of information! just rang and booked an appointment for tomorrow morning at 10:30 with a doctor so she will explain to me what exactly it is! ugh i do hate worrying!!! xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back