Pink v blue

mumto2bubs

Reaction score
Well I am over the moon that we found out this time. And that we are having a BOY after 3 GIRLS., BUT.........

I must admit,it's really not the same buying boy clothes, I don't get that same thrill. No little frilly socks or frilly bums on tights, :-(

Looks like this mummy is going to have to go looking for some seriously cool boy clotes :))

K x

Boys clothes are so boring, for me it was the only downside to having a boy ("downside" sounds means but I am sure you get my drift)

I only have nephews though - 3 older than James - so I am an old hand at buying boys stuff!

Now we have a boy and have bought all that we did I'd quite like number 2 to be a boy as well... if we are ever blessed with another baby!

xxxxxxxx

Last edited:
I'm expecting my 3rd boy in the space of five years and am glad to see this time round everything has gotten more colourful and funky!

Im not a huge fan of denim noting tots, so only oter things that seem to be about are joggy pants ....... Yeuch.

Anyone know of any good shops for baby boys clothes. I know next have nice stuff, I'll go in there to see what they have. Only thing is my eye will constantly be drawn to the pink wall, and the frilly things lol. Xx

Girly clothes are so much nicer I agree. But next do some funky little shirts and polo tops which have poppers underneath. H&M have trendy stuff. I have a nephew 1 year younger than my baby and I used to get his clothes from next, asda or debbinghams. Blue zoo are nice too xxx

tapatalking

I love having a boy to dress!

Chinos, shirts, cardigans, funky shorts and tshirts, little trunks for swimming, jackets, I could go on for ages!!

We shop at next, debenhams (look at the junior j range, gorgeous!) and marks and spencer mainly. Tesco do some nice stuff every now and again. He has a better wardrobe than me!

Sent from my iPad using tapatalk

Mum to Harry James 4/12/12

Before I knew I was having a girl, I was more drawn to the boys stuff than the girls. Little blue things just looked much cuter to me than little pink things. Even now, although I've learned to love the girlie stuff, I want to buy little blue dungarees!

A lot of the boys stuff is really drab, colour wise! The sections in the shops are a lot smaller than the girls ones too. Too much checked/stripy stuff in boring colours. You do really have to have a good look around to find some fun stuff. The downside to the girls stuff is the ridiculous amount of pink stuff. I hate pink with a vengeance and would find this really annoying.

Last edited:
I saw some very cute boy clothes in Marks and Spencer the other week x

I like H&M, m&s and next too. Jojo stuff is nice too. And gap

Tapatalking so cant see signatures

Raaaar, you've hit on my personal bug bear. I've got son #2 on the way and struggle to find stuff that isn't predominantly blue for newborn to 3 month. It a gets a bit better after that but not much. And the range available is small compared to girls stuff. I have stood in many high street shops and counted almost twice as many girl displays as boys. It gives me rage!!!

Using Tapatalk can't see no tickers grrrrr.

Its either yellow or blue lol.

Tapatalking so cant see signatures

A lot of the boys stuff is really drab, colour wise! The sections in the shops are a lot smaller than the girls ones too. Too much checked/stripy stuff in boring colours. You do really have to have a good look around to find some fun stuff. The downside to the girls stuff is the ridiculous amount of pink stuff. I hate pink with a vengeance and would find this really annoying.

I don't hate pink as much as you seem to lol but I do agree that pretty much all the girlie stuff is pink, and I'd like a bit of variation! I really really love green atm! Green tops with cute little flowers on them I think are adorable!

Also, I saw in Asda the other week that they had pink tutus in 0-3 months. :roll: I thought they were just nauseating!

I love little boys clothes! Little funky tshirts, rompers and shirts. They're too cute!

I'm also a pink hater. I'm hoping I'll change if we have a girl as I can imagine lots of people buying pink!

Before I knew I was having a girl, I was more drawn to the boys stuff than the girls. Little blue things just looked much cuter to me than little pink things. Even now, although I've learned to love the girlie stuff, I want to buy little blue dungarees!

My LO has loads of blue dungarees! Admittedly one pair does have a pink flower on it... I do agree that there seems to be more stuff for girls than boys, but I had one hell of a time finding dungarees for girls, and yet they're really practical.

All the newborn stuff seems to be either pink or blue or white, although I did manage to get some random things in green, yellow, red etc. Even now my daughter doesn't wear much pink (I'm not a fan of it). Knowing my luck she'll love the colour when she's a bit older. We got given a load of pink stuff, but only after she was born as we'd chosen not to find out the sex, so beforehand everyone was forced to choose "neutral" colours!

I don't really like pink or blue especially when it's the really baby blue colours. Sickly is the word I want to use but that's maybe a bit harsh :) I've seen loads of cool wee outfits for boys without them looking old before their time as I still like a baby to look like a baby if that makes sense x

I've seen loads of cool wee outfits for boys without them looking old before their time as I still like a baby to look like a baby if that makes sense x

I know what you mean. I think that's why I was so alarmed by the baby tutu I saw. It reminded me of hen party!

I have 4 boys and most of their stuff I buy from Next and H&M. H&M have some gorgeous things. My LO has a straw hat that I love love love from there. Also found a black romper with neon print saying "You Make Me Happy" it's fab!

Tapatalking!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back