Pineapple??????

Jodles

Reaction score
OK, bear with me. I'm having a stressful day, and every little thing is setting me off!

I've just something about fresh pineapple being used to bring on labour. I've never heard this before, but I've literally just eaten a huge bowl of fresh pineapple. Now I'm tempted to stick my fingers down my throat.

Am I being daft here??? Have any of you heard of this, or even used this as a method of inducing labour? I'm only 23 weeks. Help!

Jo xxx

it does hun but my doc told me you would have to eat 10 a day to make any difference

dont worry about it

its very unlikey to do anything unless baby is ready to be born, and even then you need at least 7 whole pineapples!

i read that the other night.. ill try and find the site again so i can quote it :)

The enzymes in pineapple can induce labour - however you have to eat the equivalent of 8 whole fresh pineapples in one go to get enough of the enzyme needed! Even then - it's not a guarantee so is not the most effective way to do it! Plus you have to already have a 'ripe' cervix for it to have any affect

http://uk.answers.yahoo.com/question/in ... 730AAZsoE5

wasn't the site i saw at first but it's good enough!

I dont think we want to know how the housework and sex got involved with each other. House work doesnt turn me on :shakehead:

lol I was just planning on getting some pinapple in as alledgedly my baby is 6lb 14oz already and I am only 34 weeks! :shock: I love pinapple but dont think I could manage that many in one go :lol:

Looks like I will have to stick to cleaning and curries too (curries will be easy peasy! :lol: )

dont worry. its a myth. i did my research when i was 39 weeks preg in june i was hot and tired and wanted baby out lol. the only things that TRULY work are nipple stimulation, orgasms, and semen- BUT ONLY IN VERY LATE 3RD TRI SO DONT WORRY! :hug: :hug: :hug:

Thanks everyone. I'll tyr and stop worrying about pineapple, but I'll definitely be laying off the housework, just in case!!!!! :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: I've eaten 3 HUGE tins of pineapple over the past few days along with loads of pineapple juice... my cervix is ripe and dilated... and I'm still waiting.. :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

I've also tried curry, walks, sex, hoovering.. and nothings happened...

I wouldn't worry about it... I think the pineapple things a myth anyway... because everything else is. :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

I tried everything and the only thing that worked for me was a sweep at T+9 :wall:

I was eating 1 - 1 1/2 pineapples a day btw :roll: it hurts your mouth after a while...lol

i was eating alot of pine apple when i went over due with hannah..
it bloody kills your mouth! my mouth got so sore i gave it up, havent looked at a pine apple since. lol. (oh, and i didnt work either) :rotfl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back