Pineapple question

Emma.b

Reaction score
This is probably a dumb question but if i juice my pineapple and drink it will it work the same as eating it?

I don't have a fancy juicer, just one of those jug type ones. My plan is to blend a whole pineapple (minus the core and peel) add a tsp of sugar and drink!

It's gotta be easier and quicker than eating a hole pineapple, as i'm not all that keen on the fruit unless it's from a tin! lol

x x x

Or you could buy pineapple juice? Im sure juicing it would work the same as eating it

It would be easier to buy the pre-made juice. But i think it has a lot of preservatives etc in it and from what i have read fresh is best?!

Ah well i'll give it a try. Gives me an excuse to use the juicer/blender thing....i've had it months and used it only a handful of times! lol

x x x

The thing is I've heard you would have to eat about 20 pineapples for it to have an affect - so if you dont like it I wouldnt bother...unless you want to eat 20 in one sitting! haha!
i'd of thought juicing it would work if you use all of it - I know the enzyme is taken out of tinned pineapple so thats no good, but would of thought juicing all of it would still have it

I think you have to have the equivalent of about 4 pineapples for it to have any effect? I'm sure I read that somewhere x

Apparently mango and kiwi have the same enzyme in them....me thinks some experimenting is in order!

It probably won't work and i don't have high expectations but at least i can say i tried it. There's a lot if theory's to it, some say it's the enzyme that softens the cervix, some say it acts as caster oil does and gives you the poops.... similar to the big clear out before labour.

I think it's just ladies clutching at straws......and boy am i clutching!! Hahaha

If your doing pineapple... You need to eat/blend the core too! As that's where the enzyme that does the trick is xx

Really?? eww....i imagine that's gonna take a fair bit of blending! I thought it was just the juicey flesh! I'm now re-thinking the whole pineapple thing :/

The thing is I've heard you would have to eat about 20 pineapples for it to have an affect - so if you dont like it I wouldnt bother...unless you want to eat 20 in one sitting! haha!
i'd of thought juicing it would work if you use all of it - I know the enzyme is taken out of tinned pineapple so thats no good, but would of thought juicing all of it would still have it

My sister is a trainee midwife and she says the above. Was strangely just discussing this with her before. I bloody love pineapple though xx

Hahaha even easier i have just googled the enzyme in pineapple and it's an enzyme called bromelain and you can buy this in tablet form!

Apparently the enzyme bromelain can be found throughout the fruit but is more prominent in the core...which is the part used to make the tablets :D

Holland and barrett have them :D And a few other places online...but i'd rather drop instore and buy them. I'm a bit funny with buying tablets from unknown sources! lol

xx x

Getting these tablets!!
Got my raspberry leaf aswell lol!

Damn it ive bought tina of pinapple in preparation... Waste of time! But i love pinapple and could eat it all day! Xx

Oh god do not eat a whole pineapple! I literally burnt my entire mouth out eating them, praying it would set me off!

My tongue was so rough, and my throat was sooooooo sore, it's so acidy it's actual hell after!

One thing I defo learnt is pineapple does not bring on labour lol! I went 9 days over.

Stick to sex and curry, much more fun! X

I don't think i could eat a whole pineapple, i bought some of that pre-prepared stuff from the supermarket and only managed half of it before it started to burn! Lol

I've been and bought a couple of pineapples and a mango. My plan is to blend both, add a little water to thin and tsp of sugar. Store in jug in fridge and drink throughout day! If nothing it'll give me a good clear out lol

I also got a hot and spicy tikka masala curry....it has 3 peppers on the jar so i'm guessing it's going to be hot for me seeing how the 2 pepper jars nearly have my eyes watering! Lol

x x x

Funnily enough after reading this Rich phoned me from work telling me all the girls swear by eating pineapple but it has to be quite a lot, so he insisted he was going to Tesco after work to pick me up some fresh pineapple (both whole and ore packaged) and he's going to sit and watch me eat it!!!!!

Crazy man!!!!! I bet it does naff all!! (Although I swear drinking pineapple juice and pink grapefruit juice helped me get pregnant in the first place).

I'll keep you updated!!!! X

Oh jolly i hope it works for you!! I shouldn't moan really i'm not even over due yet, but so uncomfortable and desperate to meet him. I'll try almost anything now x xx

Don't worry Emma- I don't begrudge anyone trying to speed things up! ;-)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back