Pillows

beanie5

Reaction score
are they worth it?

i'm sure our positioning & latch are getting worse through laziness since it no longer hurts anymore- baby fusses most feeds and clicking & dribbling milk are becoming commonplace so every feeds takes forever and is really frustrating. so i'm wondering if buying one will help our positioning (also going to chat to hv about it tomorrow)

Hey, I had one for DD and used it once. So in my opinion, not really worth it at all.. but if you think it might help your latch and positioning, it does provide a bit of support so there's no harm in trying one xxx

I used one and really liked it. It just gave my arm a break and helped me be comfy in those early days when she was permanently attached to me

I tried every type of pillow in the early weeks before eventually settling on a standard bed pillow in bed and a large but fairly flat cushion on the sofa. What works for one person won't necessarily help another so it's hard to make recommendations.

I have a 'proper' feeding pillow and still use it now especially for night feeds. Lo is 8 months. Definitely worth it in my opionion.

thanks all. i've got one on order and decided if it doesnt work i can just sell it on. HV has said today it might be reflux so got her booked in at the docs later to count/discount it. feel awful saying its an emergency at the docs but it cant wait the 2 weeks normal apt time, wish there were in between options rather than same day or 2 weeks!

It's appalling the way appointments go. You shouldn't have to wait that long with a baby. My Lo had a really bad cough and had it for over a week. I call Drs and was given an app for a week away. I wasn't happy at all so called my hv who sorted me an app the next day. She shouldn't have to do that. Appointments for children should be sooner.

And suspected reflux is serious if your baby's suffering

I still use my feeding pillow and my baby is 8 months! Have you had lo checked for tongue tie? My baby's was missed by a few professionals as it was far back!

doctor doesn't think it's reflux and has said to just keep at it. hoping it's a phase or if not that the pillow will help when it gets here

Feeding pillows are great, however the worry is you can start to rely on them which can mean when you go out if you don't take the pillow along it's even harder to position and attach the baby.

Look on google for "laid back breastfeeding" and also see if there's a local drop-in support group or la leche league group.
The local groups are great, like a regular mum & baby group but everyone breastfeeds and there's trained women there who can help if you have any problems :)

I remember using my breastfeeding pillow to sit on in the first few days as I had 52 stitches and could barely sit down lol! I have been looking at pillows again and think I might get one again and try it - they are a good idea x

52!! My consultant said they won't tell mums how many they had as it can be upsetting. That sounds like an epic tear though!

oh gosh you poor thing Lexi! i have no idea how many I had, although if i knew i'd double it as the doctor redid a bunch

I asked the doctor that stitched me because I wanted to know lol- I just remember not being able to sit normally for like 8 weeks until it felt normal again hence the hole in the breastfeeding pillow being a godsend haha xx

If I decide to go for breastfeeding then I will definitely get one for myself.
I saw couple which seems to be very practical and looking great at the same time :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back