Piles

Amyrose

Reaction score
I'm in agony!
I have a really bad flare up since yesterday and I dont know what to do with myself. Has anyone got any good tips? I will try anything to make them better x

I know they are misable aren't they? I have a sachet of fybogel as soon as I begin to feel abit bunged up it usually takes around 5 hours to soften everything up, and start using anusul cream as soon as the piles begin just pile it on each time you go to loo and wear a pad so it's not too messy . I hope they improve soon for you .xx

Thanks Hun i got no warning at all that is was going to happen I have been going to the loo fine. X

Did cosmic do a thread on this recently!?????? I think it was quite comprehensive wth advice babe! xxx

Thanks chicken I'm crap at rooting threads out but I pm her if the creams hubby is getting doesn't work. Mine are at exploding point tonight xxx

:wave: I'm here!!
Alternate between warm baths and ice wrapped in a cloth placed directly onto the piles.
Keep it clean and dry.
Anusol is generally given in pregnancy but is rubbish, if you can get your GP or mw to prescribe scheriproct then push for that - it's the best cream.
I found lanacaine cream (on the shelf in Asda, yellow box, for feminine itching) the best for easing the pain. It has a local anaesthetic that works a treat.
Lie on your side as much as poss, pressure of womb pushing down does nothing for piles.
Try to avoid constipation, if you are prescribed iron don't take the tabs, take the liquid sachets instead (kinder to the stomach, one month from pharmacy costs £9).
Try to avoid standing as much as you can.
If you can push it back in, do so, but mine just pops back out immediately so now I don't bother.
Witch hazel on a sanitary towel also helped slightly x

Cosmic you are the bum guru! xxxxx ope this helps! AR!xxx

Aw hun you have no idea how much that will help me. They are HUGE and won't go back in. So much worse today as I have had a busy one and on the go since early. I had them after I had rose and honestly thought the pain would kill me I'm terrified now because I never had them this early. My bloods are low so have been on 3 iron tabs a day which is not helping either. Missy is big so the pressure of her is crushing everything I'm just bloody miserable. Al has got me stuff from the chemist but I will get all you have suggested tomorrow on the school run as you know best xxxx

I should be a bum guru, I've had piles for 14 years now :cry:
The iron sachets are called Spatone, no constipation with them and you can take 2 sachets a day in a glass of fresh orange. Constipation and piles are not a good combo xx

piles are the one thing that are putting me off being pregnant again!! they were so horrendous last time, especially after delivery. i really do feel all of your pains!!!!

xxx

What I'm about to say may either make you feel happier about the situation or a lot worse. I found that once Id had them, and had them badly, they were with me for life. They'd flair up every now and again with or without pregnancy so at least with pregnancy you get a nice baby out of it! :) xx

Thanks girls I really am dreading the aftermath of labour if they are this bad now x

Basically the equivalent of varicose veins in (and outside) your bum hole x

Thanks girls I really am dreading the aftermath of labour if they are this bad now x

I've always found that they tend to go down a lot after baby is out. Yeah they all pop out during the pushing bit but after that they aren't too bad. I think the actually pregnamcy and carrying baby about in the womb puts more pressure on xx

mine felt so much worse after baby was here, but that was probably because of the episiotomy....everything is much closer down there than i had previously realised!! lol

good point about having a baby at the end of it cos.....xx

Mine got a million times worse after i had Rose. I got to the point where I convinced myself I was dying. I don't know what I would do if that happens again. My bp is up tonight do you think it's because I'm in pain? Yes I'm a freak and check my bp lol x

Ah yes, when they did my episiotomy they actually had to cut around the piles, talk about embarrassing :blush:
The times I didn't have an episiotomy, the piles where much better after delivery, once downstairs had calmed down obviously x

Mine got a million times worse after i had Rose. I got to the point where I convinced myself I was dying. I don't know what I would do if that happens again. My bp is up tonight do you think it's because I'm in pain? Yes I'm a freak and check my bp lol x

Yes, my bp goes up with pain, everything tenses up doesn't it.
:hugs: god I feel your pain, it's like a knife up the arse x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kiara.y2
Back