Physical examinations

Nickinakinoo

Reaction score
Ok don't laugh but this is really stressing me out, when do they start examining you 'down there'? And what do they do? I've never had anyone down there (medically speaking) and its freaking me out a little! :blush:

Nicki bless you! Lol the only time you have it in pregnancy is for a sweep or in labour to check how dilated you are - you not had any smear tests or anything?! It's not that bad xxx

Unless you have any abnormal bleeding then not usually until labour or for a sweep/induction.

It's not bad at all, just try and think of other things, the midwife/doctor/nurse doing it have seen it all before a hundred times over xx

Vaginal Exams (VEs) are completely optional!

You do not even need to consent to them in labour if you don't want to.

Same with sweeps, they are optional, they may be offered, you can say no.

It's not to bad it's like a smear. You only have them if you are having a sweep or in labour. You don't need to have them but I'd say I'd let them in labour so they can tell how dilated you are and can tell you to psh. Might help with not tearing this is my first so I don't know.

I had one cervix check during my last labour.

I was checked once during my first labour & twice with my second daughter. Not much at all. you will be fine - I was like you & hated the thought, was so surprised when I really was not bothered :-D x

I felt similar to you before my first labour. I refused a sweep and didn't like the idea of exams in labour but after 20+ hrs in labour I actually wanted to know what was going on. If l had had a short labour I might not have had one but in the end it didnt bother me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back