Phsyio

buggy1

Reaction score
Just got back from physio about my pelvic girdle pain. Here comes a self-indulgent moan!

She said I can't do hoovering, walking and should avoid using stairs. That is all well and good but my oh is pretty rubbish when it comes to housework and we only have one toilet upstairs and I need to go all the time so I have to go up and down :(

I was already feeling a bit down sitting around waiting for the baby to come. I've not really been going out on my own in case something happens, oh has been busy all weekend and evenings this week so far working on his car, my family doesn't live near and my best friend just had a baby and (understandably I suppose) never has time to see me any more.

I feel like I just have to sit there, not doing anything until the baby comes, I feel bored and restless and fed up and lonely.

awww hun that sucks!! going upstairs sideways can help I think. PGP sucks mine has got a bit better but it's bound to get worse again soon i reckon.
Sit your OH down and explain you can't do things, hopefully he'll buck up. or threaten to hire a cleaner and tell him he's paying, ha. A bit of dirt won't hurt anyway so don't stress. Not long to go now hopefully. Don't be lonely, we're all here! :) xxxx

Oh hun that really sucks :-( keeping my fingers crossed even more that baby comes sooner rather then later for you.

Not being able to hoover is horrible. We can't Hoover for at least 2 weeks (due ro the insecticides) and the dining room carpet is minging already, loads of grit from outside and lumps of cat hair and flea dirt ugh!

Getting a cleaner in might def be a good idea for you!

Xx

Problem is oh doesnt agree with the physio! he thinks that sitting around doing nothing will make it worse and i should keep active

There is no way he'd let us have a cleaner! I do hate seeing bits on the carpet, it really annoys me.

Just feeling pretty crap today, I've enjoyed being pregnant the whole time until these last few weeks, I've had enough now!

Did physio give you the leaflet about PGP? It lists things you can't do, must be online somewhere if not. Make him see it. The physio categorically told me it's virtually the only time a physio will tell you walking is a no no as it exacerbates it! X

Don't blame you for feeling fed up. It's always good to keep busy in the last few weeks. Really hope you don't end up waiting too long for baby to arrive.

Aw poor you! It sounds awful not to be able to do anything at all! Hope you're okay and your little one will be here soon! xx

can you put a tv and dvd player upstairs prehaps so less far for you to go and you can watch tv there? also undignified as it is what about a bucket downstairs for weeing into then you would only have to empty it outside or down the sink not dignified but would save the trips upstairs? x

Did physio give you the leaflet about PGP? It lists things you can't do, must be online somewhere if not. Make him see it. The physio categorically told me it's virtually the only time a physio will tell you walking is a no no as it exacerbates it! X

yes they did give me something actually, haven't really done any walking yet, just round the corner to the shop

come on baby!

can you put a tv and dvd player upstairs prehaps so less far for you to go and you can watch tv there? also undignified as it is what about a bucket downstairs for weeing into then you would only have to empty it outside or down the sink not dignified but would save the trips upstairs? x

I have a TV upstairs, I have started to go up earlier and watch tele in bed for a bit but it is so much hotter upstairs than it is downstairs - can't win!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back