Phobia...

lillou

Reaction score
i dont personally suffer from this but my cousin does! iv got to say your very brave for dealing with it at the time your daughter was sick, i think its something that can be worked on to help over come it!

how did you cope when you were pregnant, or did you not have morning sickness?

:hug: :hug:

CalamityGem said:
lillou said:
i dont personally suffer from this but my cousin does! iv got to say your very brave for dealing with it at the time your daughter was sick, i think its something that can be worked on to help over come it!

how did you cope when you were pregnant, or did you not have morning sickness?

:hug: :hug:

I'm really shocked that it's a recognised phobia... I thought I was just being ridiculous and I was too ashamed to share it with anyone.

I'm not as bad with myself being sick, it's more other people. I do get terrified when I feel unwell but not on the same scale as someone near me. I did suffer from hyperemisis though (pregnancy sickness) and found this awful... I ended up off work for 8 weeks and I was afraid to leave the house.

I managed with Ava this morning but only because I had to... I was on my own and had no one to help. If you are afriad of spiders, imagine being locked in a room full of tarantulas and that's close to how I felt. It's terrible... I need to overcome it as I feel like a terrible Mummy.

your definately NOT a terrible mum! the way you managed to cope with your own phobia to look after your baby shows you must be fantastic mum! i am terrified of snakes and i could never cope if i ever came close to one so although its not the same thing i can understand your fear!

:hug: :hug: :hug:

You did really well to manage today :hug:

I would suggest you go see your GP about this and see if there is some sort of help you can have with it to try to overcome the worst of your worry. Otherwise its really going to start ruling your life as your child being sick is going to be something that will happen in the future. And you will face times in the future also where you will have to cope on your own again. There is help out there so go see about it :) No one is going to think anything less of you for admitting your fear and seeking help with it.

Good luck and hang in there, I am sure you can find a way to make it a bit better to deal with.

OMG... :D I'm exactly the same. :D

I had to buy a house with 2 toilets too and do all sorts of crazy sounding things.

It's not just everyones elses sickness that is a problem for me. I get stressed about being sick myself. Baby sick doesn't seem to bother me, it's toddlers and adult sick that gets me running everytime. You should see what I'm like at work if a patient is ill.

When I was suffering from anxiety and depression, I received cognative therapy to help over come my fear of vomiting, diarrhoea, germs and general illness. It has helped me a little as I will now use someone elses toilet (certain peoples) and can sometimes eat out at resturants.

It's something I have to deal with almost daily. Remember I'm here if you need to chat or need some support. :hug:

Aww hun I know how hard it is :hug:

I had this really bad to the point of fainting when anyone was sick near me or if I was sick myself. I haven't been sick for 8 years now! :shock:

I am one of the lucky ones though and things have really improved for me! I still get a bit tense and shaky if Brody is sick but I try not to let it show as I don't want Brody to end up with the phobia too!

If I remember right, Princess Puddles has it pretty bad too. Maybe talking to her and the others who have the same problem might help? :hug:

I think your wonderful CG and I think you need to be a bit braver and go and see the doctor now, she may be able to put you on contact with other people that suffer from it and give you some therepy that can hel you conquer your fear.

Yes, I have this really badly, I'm currently on tablets and seeing a counceller for it :cry: I can't deal with sick at all, whether its someone else being sick or me. Thank fully Harrison hasn't projectile vomited yet but when he does I know I'm going to have a panic attack, I'm already worrying about when he catches a bug & he starting nursery 2 days a week in January so its very likely to happen. To be honest I really don't know what to suggest because nothing is making mine better :( I'm always here if you want to chat though :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back