PhD research; looking for first time mums-to-be in Scotland/NE England

EmilyUoE

Reaction score
Hi, I am Emily, a PhD researcher at the University of Edinburgh. I am looking for interviewees to take part in my study.

I would like to speak to women experiencing their first pregnancy who have not yet had their first scan (in the south of Scotland/borders area). My research is investigating women's experiences of pregnancy, especially of the growing baby. I would like to interview women three times over the course of pregnancy, once in each trimester, to consider how their changing bodies and encounters with health professionals shape their experiences of pregnancy and the baby.

Interviews will be very informal, and a chance for women to share their stories in confidence with a very eager listener. I will also provide refreshments. Each interview will take around 1 hour.

I think that it is going to be difficult to find women in the early stages of pregnancy, so please consider participating, or alternatively spread the word! I realise that the early stages of pregnancy can be a sensitive time, and have procedures in place to account for this. My research has been approved by the Research Ethics Committee in the Centre for Population Health Sciences, University of Edinburgh.

Please email me to take part or for more information, or visit my website:

[email protected]

www.edinburghpregnancystudy.wordpress.com

Thank you! Looking forward to hearing from you. From Emily

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member