PG after MCs

Discussion in 'First Trimester' started by AKSH, Jul 1, 2013.

1. AKSH

AKSH Well-Known Member

Just wondering if any of you other ladies who have had MCs before are feeling a bit in denial? I'm not that excited so far (and didn't cry when I got my BFP) and don't think I will be until I get to 7 weeks at least (past the other points I got to before). I also feel that there is a massive part of me that really wants things to work out. Pretty sure I'm going to breakdown in happy tears if I do get to 7 weeks. I guess it's a protection thing. Just wondering how you other ladies are coping?

2. Linzie2012

Linzie2012 Well-Known Member

I felt exactly the same until I had that scan at 12 weeks, because I found out previously by scan there was no heart beat I just wouldn't let myself get excited or " attached" I had a scan at 7 weeks & was excited for a few days then adamant that I lost it - even though was no signs, but that happened before.

I still hav days now but I'm much better :) especially with starting to feel movement

3. can

can Well-Known Member

hi firstly congratulations on your BFP I know exactly how you feel. I have had 2 previous mc one at 5 weeks and one at 8 weeks, in nov 12 and jan 13, I am now 12 weeks pregnant and have had the most stressful time, I constantly worry and dread anything going wrong, its very hard as the fear is always there. Just keep telling yourself that this is a new pregnancy and you have same chance as everyone else, take it one day at a time and appreciate the little milestones. I wont lie but I promise after every week passes it gets a little easier. Goodluck and lots of positive thinking x x x x

4. AKSH

AKSH Well-Known Member

P.S. the doc I saw after my second MC said I could have 2 or 3 more before I have a healthy PG. He said my body is just so wanting to be PG than in a lot of people the egg wouldn't have even implanted.

5. MrsCK

MrsCK Well-Known Member

I know exactly how you feel. with my mc I cried happy tears when I got my BFP and was so excited I couldn't stop talking to DH about the baby and being pregnant. however when I got my BFP this time I was happy but am so scared of it going wrong that I'm trying not to be too excited and think about it every second of the day. I mc at 5+3, so if I make it to 6 weeks I think I'll start to believe that it's real.

6. Mummybexee

Mummybexee Well-Known Member

This happened to me! I'm so nervous for my scan I'm ringing EPAU for reassurance scan

No heartbeat with a 6 week old bean and 11 week sac

7. Toria111

Toria111 Well-Known Member

Me too. I have 2 children, but this is my 6th pregnancy. And if this one doesnt work out, we won't try again. So I am really stressed. I'm waiting on letter from epu for early scan, but if I don't get it by 7 weeks I'm going for a private one.

8. AKSH

AKSH Well-Known Member

Thanks everyone. It's so helpful to know you're not the only one thinking these thoughts. MC is so personal to you and I don't think anyone can really understand how it feels unless you've experienced it yourself sadly. At this with this PG I had IB which i didn't have with the other two. Just did a clear blue test and it came up with 2-3 weeks which is spot on. Will probably do another one early next week just to make sure it switches to 3+. Silly but it helps put your mind at rest a bit.

9. Jojo84

Jojo84 Well-Known Member

this is me... for me im just terrified that all seems well, i get my first scan and its gone... that my fear :( ive had no unexplained cramping, no bleeding(other than the tiny bit today which was explained and stopped right away)

but every time i dont gte a symptom for a day i freak out :(

sad, but true.

10. Mummy2toddler

Mummy2toddler Well-Known Member

Yes I'm completely the same I always thought when I got to 12 weeks I'd stop worrying I had my last scan 12 days ago and I'm worried baby has stopped growing or something I have my scan on Thursday I'm worrying like crazy xx

11. leean10

leean10 Well-Known Member

This is now my 7th pregnancy and I am struggling to believe that I am pregnant again. I am also resigned to the fact that this one may not work out either but I am hoping and praying that it does as I am not sure how much more I can stand.

Good luck to you hon, I hope this time is a sticky xx