Pg after ectopic and first scan tomorrow .... eek!

Fordee

Reaction score
I am 6 weeks today so I'm due to have my first scan tomorrow to check that bean is in the right place this time.
In the last couple of weeks I started with extreme paranoia and hysterical bouts of crying, assuming that it must be wrong again. The shock of finding out my last pregnancy was ectopic is still fresh in my mind as it was only 7 months ago. Over the Christmas period I have been distracted by not only the festivities but feeling awful with nausea and sickness. And I have felt SO bad with sickness throughout the day for the last two days that it has given me a little bit of hope that this may just be a normal pregnancy.
With the ectopic pregnancy I felt ill, not pregnant, but this time I felt like I have ticked every pregnancy symptom going. DH did joke with me last night that he's glad I'm feeling so bad - it could be a good thing! Lol. In a backwards way, I kind of agree with him.
I certainly will not be looking forward to going back to that hospital again either. The last time I went for a scan there, I emerged a day later, fuzzy headed, in immense pain and unable to walk after having had emergency surgery to remove the pregnancy and save my tube. These are bad memories that I need to prepare myself for re-living.
So please keep your fingers crossed for us tomorrow.

Aww Hun sounds like an awful experience to go through :hugs: I will keep my fx that everything is well tomorrow at ur scan, and like u said ur symptoms are different this time, so take comfort in that. My symptoms have been a lot stronger this time around compared to my mmc in June and all is well with my lil bean :) xx

Ahh hun Good luck for your scan, wishing your little bean to be in the right place, and as Kanga said positive preg symptoms and feelings from this time point towards good things.. XX

Thank you ladies for your kind words.
I have prepared myself by reading up on the treatments for the varying possibilities of what could go wrong this time. Now I'm completely scared out of my wits, but at least I will understand what's going on rather than go into shock again. I want to feel more in control of the situation this time around.
Fx for 9.45am - let's hope they don't keep us waiting.
Thanks again. xx

Aw hun :hugs: my friend went through the same thing and is now 14 weeks pregnant again and everything's fine. The symptoms must be a good sign. Good luck for today, I'm sure it'll be fine :) x x

Yay, it was good news! I had the same sonographer as in May and she remembered me and was very kind and gentle with me. She did the abdominal scan and quickly showed me that the pregnancy was in my uterus. She then asked if I would like an internal scan to get a look at the foetus, or would I prefer to be called back in a couple of weeks. I chose the internal scan and we saw the foetus, the yolk sac and, most importantly, the heartbeat. She explained the intermittent shooting pains I have felt in my left hand side are likely to be related to pulling on the scar tissue left by the operation.
The sense of relief was immense, I absolutely could not believe we were going to walk out of there with good news.
So, last night I had a good night's sleep and woke up bright as a button to put my head down the loo again! :lol:

So happy to hear its was good news Hun and that u got to see a heartbeat :) xx

so happy for you, fab nws! now its onwards and outwards for you :) xx

Ah good news hope it's smooth sailing for you now x

lovely sucess story :) :) hope you and your lil baby are doing well, reading this gives me hope :) :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back