pets and pregnancy. sense hormones?

lilcurly

Reaction score
Hello. This is probably a very strange question. Has anyone elses pets behaved strangely around them when they have been early on in pregnancy? My cat has been my shadow since we adopted him but for the last 2 days he has been running away from me and not doing his usual cuddle on the couch and paw the heck out of me. He is cuddling up again now. Just wondered if anyone experienced strange behaviour in their pets. I'm in the TWW Xxx

This is really embarrassing but my kitten was the opposite and wouldn't leave my boobs alone :shock: :lol: she kept sniffing at them and snuggling into them. I then found out I was pregnant and she was still the same. After I m/c she stopped. It was so strange! I'm going to use her as my pregnancy indicator from now on haha! I've no idea if it means anything at all. Maybe they can sense the hormones? Xx

Oh and also if I do an ovulation test and leave it to dry my cats go mental trying to get them. How disgusting? But they both do it. My big cat and kitten. So strange! Xx

So glad someone commented! I thought I was going mad xx

When I was pregnant with my little girl my cats used to take turns sleeping on or beside my bump. Almost like they were guarding her. Haha. This time around I'm only 6+4 but already they keep coming over and sniffing my tummy or sleeping on my knee with their head up against my stomach. I visited my sisters house and her cats did the same. I do think they can sense it :)

Reading this is making me hopeful!

I am planning on testing tomorrow morning.

But this evening my cat won't leave me alone! He is currently curled up on my stomach and every time I move him off he comes back! Fingers crossed that he is my own little pregnancy detector!

My cats lay on my belly all the time first time, suri would chase the kicks about or sleep there.

Now its mostly my boy thats literally at my arse 24/7. If i sit he jumps on me, the other week he cried until I lifted him.

Its deffo the hormones they sense. Suri has always been quite protective of J too. When he was born she slept under his moses or next to his pram.

xxxx

Last edited:
Definitely- the weekend I got my bfp my cat stopped sleeping on my bed (after sleeping on it every night for 3.5 years) x

I have unconventional pets (fancy rats) and one has actually made me a nest, he even tried to pull me into the cage lol. Also the other one is peeing on me even more than normal. He has always marked me, but this is starting to get a bit much for me lol. Fx for you

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back