periods??

Discussion in 'Trying to Conceive' started by Hannah1678, Apr 24, 2019.

1. Hannah1678

Hannah1678 Well-Known Member

Ok this is so strange to be having to ask this but I’m confused. Does the length of your period change your ovulation date?
    My periods have drastically changed in the last 6 months ( been to drs nothing up with me apparently ) but they are lasting so long they are going into my ‘blue days and normally stops 2-3 days before ovulation day. This is really disheartening because surely there would not be enough lining in the womb to make a safe connection to the fertilised egg?? I’ve tried explaining this to the doctors but the don’t seem to care really and think it’s perfectly normal?
    Helppp haha x

2. Sunflower1

Sunflower1 Well-Known Member

I think the womb lining starts to thicken after ovulation as a result of the progesterone rise. The fertilised egg doesn't implant for 5-10 days after fertilisation. When you say 'ovulation day' are you using opks to confirm that?

3. Hannah1678

Thanks for your reply, yeah I’m using opks but last month I had a normal period and this month I'm still on 11 days after starting :( so was just wondering if it would change this month or if it’s a fixed date in the cycle, been googling but everywhere says something different x

4. chattychar1990

chattychar1990 Well-Known Member

Your ovulation day would move along hun making your cycle longer x

5. Sunflower1

Sunflower1 Well-Known Member

It can definitely move. I had really long heavy periods when I was really thin, and they were exhausting. It might be a good idea to have your iron levels checked because it can affect that. A lot of women ovulate just after their periods I think. And women also get pregnant having sex during their periods, so I don't think long periods necessarily affect fertility.

6. Hannah1678

Thanks for replying, that’s a big relief :) think I’m just gonna test all month (opks) this month so I can see the pattern :) x

7. Hannah1678

Yeah thank you! Had my iron tested along with everything else for another thing 2 weeks ago and all seems okay at the time being :)
    They really are exhausting, hoping they just snap back to usual soon x