Periods

Discussion in 'Breastfeeding' started by kitty2016, Aug 24, 2016.

1. kitty2016

kitty2016 Well-Known Member

I'm exclusively breastfeeding and my period returned at 8weeks. So annoyed. Anyone else experience this? I was hoping for a good year at least!

2. El1en

El1en Well-Known Member

I breastfed for 11 months but my period came back at 6months. I was disappointed to I would have been gutted if it had come at 8weeks

3. kitty2016

I was hoping it was a fluke at 8 weeks because it only lasted 2 days and was very light. I'm now 12 weeks pp and it's come back in full force, cramps and all! It's so frustrating, I plan to breastfeed for at least a year so hoped they wouldn't return until after then. My sis in law's didn't return for 2.5 years!! :'-(
    Please someone tell me a positive about this happening (and not getting pregnant!!)

4. Sprout

Sprout Well-Known Member

Yep, mine was at 6 weeks. I was not happy!!

5. kitty2016

Have you had another baby since then? My husband keeps making jokes about me being a baby making machine and that my periods have returned early so that we can crack
    on having another!! But I've read that even if you start early you can be infertile for first few cycles x

#5 kitty2016, Aug 26, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 26, 2016
  6. Karenb

Karenb Well-Known Member

I bf for almost a year and started bleeding after 9 months. Still hasn't stopped 5 months on so having to be examined :( so annoying

7. Sprout

Sprout Well-Known Member

21 weeks with no 2 at the moment :D Fell pregnant first month trying when no 1 was 17 months (and still bfing)

8. Eryinera

Eryinera Well-Known Member

Dang.. after the initial bleeding stopped which took ages I had 3 weeks off then my periods started again. I wasn't even aware breastfeeding could stop them. Lol