Periods when on the pill

Discussion in 'Postnatal Questions' started by Sylvie, Aug 30, 2008.

1. Sylvie

Sylvie Well-Known Member

I've been taking the combined pill for 3 months now. The first and second months my periods came during the seven-day break exactly two days after the last pill. This time I'm starting to be a bit concerned because it's been 5 days since I took the last pill before the break and I'm still waiting for my periods... did it happen to any of you to have to wait for so long?

2. Sherlock

Sherlock Well-Known Member

Can I ask how/why you went back on the pill so quickly after giving birth?

My GP won't put me on the pill till after my 6 week check and then if breastfeeding only when my periods have returned to normal(ish) ie, a couple of months of them. He discussed other methods and said they were more preferable at least for now. TBH I wasn't keen to go back on the pill anyways as we are considering trying for another baby at the end of the year and I want to know what my body is doing rather than having it masked by drugs.

3. Sylvie

Sylvie Well-Known Member

I was prescribed the combined pill when I had the 6-week check as I had completely stopped breastfeeding by then. The doctor insisted on the coil but I didn't want it, never had any trouble with the pill in the past so no reason to change. No other method of contraception appealed to me so I had to make a choice :?
    Good luck for the next baby :wink:

4. Lola's Mummy

Lola's Mummy Well-Known Member

I used to take the pill before i got pregnant with Lola. My periods were always regular apart from the time i got pregnant (i got pregnant on the pill).

I wouldn't start taking the next packet unless your period has started or before taking a pregnancy test just to be sure :hug: :hug:

5. Sylvie

Sylvie Well-Known Member

That scared me so much that it caused my periods to arrive :dance: