Period

Layla

Reaction score
sorry not a nice subject!!

I started mine yesterday morning, first one since having Coby.

I expected it to be bad but im shocked at how bad it is!

I am loseing a hell of a lot, im having to change my clothes alot during the day because my pads are not holding it, its very heavy!

did anyone else have this too, is it normal?

sorry to ask :oops:

My first one was rediculously heavy don't worry. I think it's your body having a proper 'clearout', and it's normal apprently fo rit to be very heavy and painful. Mine was evil.

Something I didn't miss when I was pregnant :roll:

I came on yesterday too - first time since having ewan. Is quite heavy too, tampax r quite uncomfortable at the mo :oops:

the first period i had after having jamie was sooooooo heavy!

Well am i abnormal??!!!

My period has finished after only 5 days and has been alot lighter than normal and practically pain free :shock:

The only thing i can think of its that they got rid of most of what you lose in your first period after i had that op.

I got mine last week and to be honest it wasnt worh having it was that lite, I'm back on the pill now so assume that I got lucky!!

Amy's mum, i thought you said in your pregnancy thread that you got yor period and it was very very painful?

I havent had any pain with this one so far, fingers crossed!!

Im glad its normal for it to be heavy then, was begining to worry a bit there!

thanks

xx

i got mine 2days ago and it is a little bit heavier than normal but not much. i've had less period pain than normal too. i did have really bad PMT and was so weepy before it came though!

The first was painful and heavy but no pmt, I've just had a second and I had little pain (yippee!) but bad pmt. I really hope the pain is not going to go back to pre-baby levels, I was 10 hours in labour before the pain was worse than my period cramps and I swore if it is that bad still now I will get proper painkillers as nothing over the counter ever hit it. Here's hoping!

I did not miss AF while pregnant & had almost forgotten how pants they are!

+++

Any idea what the first post caesarean period is like? Haven't had mine yet?

Sue

I haven't had mine, when should you get worried if you don't have one?

Are you breastfeeding babsi?? If you are exclusively bfing then your period shouldn't come back till you introduce solids etc. If you are formula feeding I think it is about 8 weeks though I know that otjhers have reported earlier, later etc.

No, I'm not breastfeeding, although I was expressing milk until Kai was around 3 weeks, maybe it will be a little later because of that, not too worry it will come soon enough :(

Layla,

The day before and the day i started was painful yeah, but over night the pain went- not had anything since- well nothing of any relevance anyway.

Tiny Sue said:
Any idea what the first post caesarean period is like? Haven't had mine yet?

Sue

My section ones were just the same as after I had Daniel naturally - v heavy, v long and v bad PMT :shock: You'd think that with the extra hassle of the section we'd get off lightly :( My cycles seem to be lasting 14 days at the mo :roll:

I've just had my first period, it was very light and pain free :shock:

I had mine 4 weeks ago and they lasted 13 days and were very heavy and now i am so pleased, have my periods again :dance: :shakehead: :doh: but they are not as bad though!!!!

The last couple of days I've had a little of what looks like cervical mucus (sorry) like around the time you are fertile - but it's mixed with blood. Wondering if this means that I have ovulated with some spotting or if I have an infection...I never spotted in the middle of the month before.

Anyone experience that? Sorry if TMI :oops:

Sue

Iv had nothing yet ?! God your all having periods..... hope I have one soon....

Cant be preggers as would have to be immaculate conception!!! :lol: :lol:

Mine arrived on Saturday so I guess that was ovulation that I had back then...so Naomi is eleven weeks.

The bleeding is quite heavy and copious but...I have had NO PAIN!!!!! :shock: I used to be so bad with my monthlies that I was sent home from school like clockwork every month as a kid, and even vomited with them a time or two - the rest of the time I used to just lie in bed and eat nurofens like smarties. This time I have NOTHING at all...

I hope it lasts, but as OH said earlier, one swallow does not a summer make!

Sue

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back