Period Pain but BFP

missclairey said:
Did any of you get BFP but had period pains?

I new that it would soon be 1 week before my period arrives ( yay :x )
i got period pains and my breasts were sore, my lower back felt tender.
but no period, so i just thought it was normal and that it was late!,
2 weeks later i found my self late, and took a home pregnancey test... it was positive :D .. but i still get period like pains somtimes, they dont stay for long but they are on and off..

Early on I would get menstrual type cramping and I believe it's quite normal in pregnancy. It had me running to the bathroom checking all of the time! I haven't experienced any of those cramps in awhile though, it was just early on. I now get the Braxton Hicks contractions!

I'm getting cramping type pains lately and twinges also!

I wish i knew if it was pregnancy or a symptom of coming off the pill. does anyone know if the pill can cause these symptoms??

Vicky x

Hi ToriElla

I came off the pill 7 months ago. I've noticed cramps and period pains are much more stronger. Before when I took the pill I got a few period pains, sore back, etc approx a day or so before I was due a period but since coming off the pill I get period pains much much more. They some time's start as early as 2 weeks before i'm due and they are more painful.

But then i've also heard pregnancy pains are very similar to period pains.

How long have you been off the pill? I've heard of women getting pregnant their first month off the pill and assumed this would also happen to me. Aparently the first month off the pill we get a super fertile period and some women have been lucky enough to get pregnant. I however wasn't that lucky. I spoke to a doctor about coming off the pill and she said it can stay in our system for approx 6 months and not to start worying or trying till then. That's not possible because the minute I came off the pill I wanted to be pregnant. Anyway i've just had my 7th period which was so heavy and painful. So i'm hoping the pill is finally out of my system.

Good luck trying

Hi Hayley,

I've only been off for a few weeks. I'm due my period tomorrow so it could just be what you experienced.

Did you feel like your stomach was really heavy and uncomfortable? I feel such a relief when i sit down. plus i have been feeling really hungry and tired today. I know this could all still be my hormones so i've just got to wait!!

Vicky xx

Glad it's not just me :) I've been getting pp cramps on and off throughout the day for the past few days, and I have been worrying every time I go to the loo there will be something there and I will have lost our little embie :cry: , this has put my mind at rest though :D

Hi Girls, I found out I was pregnant today and I am 11 weeks and 2 days gone. I can't believe it! Although I am almost in my 12th week I still get cramps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back