period like cramps

twinkle90

Reaction score
I have a period like cramp in my lower tummy that was really strong before that its woken me up. And I feel damp. What is this?

It could be that your waters have gone. My labour started with a trickle of water feeling like I had wee'd myself and mild period pains. Over the course of about 14 hours the pains built into timetable contractions. :) give your midwife a call and see if you can get checked to see if it was your waters.

Aches have gone now. I've just never experienced it before not even with my first. Will keep an eye today though. I'm only 30+5 x

I noticed a big increase in the amount of discharge from the 2nd trimester onwards. I have to wear maternity pads everyday otherwise knickers are wet within an hour! Tesco do maternity pads in packs of 10 for a £1. I had a few stocked up ready for post-birth but ended up going out and bulk buying tons to use throughout the rest of my pregnancy too.

If you think it's more than discharge you really should check with your midwife, as it's not uncommon for waters to break early on and can be dangerous. Better to be checked and safe!

Could be discharge or waters.

My friends waters lost over like a week gradually. Better to get checked.

xxxx

No more cramps but tummy felt heavy when walking round today. Been to the loo and and knickers are still damp. But I know I haven't wee'd myself because I know if I have. Should I phone maternity ward?

Thinking of you twinkle, hope all is well. Let us know what they say

Have you called twinkle? Xx

I haven't called yet. Its just a discharge as its like egg white. Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back