Period after the pill

PinkFlamingo

Reaction score
So I stopped taking my pill on 1st April at the end of the packet then had my usual week break and bleed. Do I count that as my withdrawal bleed? So now waiting for my first 'normal' period? Or am I still waiting for withdrawal bleed? Haven't had any spotting or anything.....

I'd count that as your first withdrawal bleed and your next bleed should be your first period :) what pill were you on? I was on Microgynon and it took me a year to get my periods back when we were TTC our son. But Dr said thats super unusual! xx

I'd count that as your first withdrawal bleed and your next bleed should be your first period :) what pill were you on? I was on Microgynon and it took me a year to get my periods back when we were TTC our son. But Dr said thats super unusual! xx

Thank you for replying.
I was on rigevidon. You poor thing, that must've been horrible waiting. I've heard so many different experiences with people coming off the pill. Didn't realise when I was taking it month after month :shock: Hopefully I'll be 'normal-ish' soon x

I was on it for 10 years though so maybe that had something to do with it. We ttc properly for 6 months with no luck, then as soon as we stopped "trying" and were relaxed about it Bam I fell pregnant! Hope you get back to normal cycles soon sweet! Good luck with your TTC journey, enjoy and try to relax! Xxx

I was on it for 10 years though so maybe that had something to do with it. We ttc properly for 6 months with no luck, then as soon as we stopped "trying" and were relaxed about it Bam I fell pregnant! Hope you get back to normal cycles soon sweet! Good luck with your TTC journey, enjoy and try to relax! Xxx

Thank you, I'll try x

I agree with this.
Also took me a year to have a period after stopping :-/ but I had undiagnosed pcos.

I agree with this.
Also took me a year to have a period after stopping :-/ but I had undiagnosed pcos.

Oh gosh. Hope things are going better for you now? X

I agree with this.

Oh wow, can I ask what your symptoms were or how you got to a diagnosis? Xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back