period after contraceptive implant

Lauz_1601

Reaction score
I had the implant put in 3weeks ago I was told to expect errtic bleeding for a few months. some women have normal periods but lighter, some stop completely. well I would be due my period by now, but Iv had nothing, no bleeding spotting or anything so im getting a bit scared incase it hasnt worked :shock: Its probably either on its way, or im lucky and its caused them to stop completely, but I keep getting scared anyway just paranoid

Has anyone on here had the implant and not had a bleed

thanks in advance

I had the implant for almost 2 years, and I never bled once, no PMT no nothing.

I have to say that i think this is the best form of contracption.

I had mine taken out in December and I was shock to see it come out, and the size it was.

But i did get a few spots, this is one of the side effects

Hi dreamer I have just been reading some disscusion boards about the implant and many people said they had no period atall, this has put me at ease now and Ill stop being a worrier!

Hopefully I will have no periods atall, iv not had any side effects really apart from moodiness, which is normal for me sometimes anyway, only OH gets the brunt of it lol

LOL, that should calm down, I know mine did.

I also seen some boards about it , i was doing some reasecrech about how long fertility takes to return once it is removed, everything i read left me so confused! :lol:

When i had it in I was told a year, when i had it out i was told i should have my AF within a month, some people fell pregnant right away :?

I had mine out in December and in Feburay i had my first AF, it was due again on Friday, and it still hasnt come!

i was told fertility returns as soon as it is removed, ill keep myfingers crossed for you, have you tested yet?

yes, BFN, pretty worried now, dont know whats going on :(

It may be that the hormones arent strong enough to be detected yet. Its a bit of a waiting game isnt it x x x

xYeah, and im the type of person who hates waiting :lol: :lol: :lol:

Im sure it will happen when its supposed to :D x

yes it certianly will, probably when you least expect it to aswell, some things are worth waiting for though hey! :)

Yeah, but i can only wait so long :lol: :lol: :lol:

I just cant wait, im so excited!

Was disappoint when the test was negative and had to fight back tears, but all the signs are there, i know my mind can play tricks on me though

spoke too soon, looks like Im not as lucky as you becuase I have started my period lol, no period pain atall though and I usually have it, so thats a good thing!

good luck with everything hun hope you get that bfp very soon :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rania89
Back