Period after a miscarriage?

glittergirl

Reaction score
Hi everyone :wave:

I have (another) question and wasn't sure which topic to post it in. Hoping someone in here can offer some advice.

I recently had a miscarriage on 31.12.07 which passed naturally but i still had a d & c afterwards as there was a bit of tissue left.

I bled quite heavily for a few days afterwards but it pretty much stopped in the past week (the odd tiny bit of brown spotting).

Anyway, today whilst out shopping with my mam i could feel my knickers started to feel really wet (sorry tmi). When i got home they were soaked with bright red blood. I suppose i do feel a little crampy and my mood last night with OH was shocking (that may explain why lol).

What i want to know is could this be my period only 2 weeks after my d & c?

I've done lots of searching on the net and most say your period returns either 4 weeks later or even many weeks after that.

Any help or advice you have to give would be so much appreciated.

xxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi Glittergirl,
I am so sorry about your loss :cry:
I have had an early m/c in October 2007. I have very irregular period ( up to 100 days apart). So I was very surprised to have AF only 21 days after my m/c.. It only lasted 3 days and it was quite painfull. However, I haven't had period since and am on day 65 ! :wall:
Hope your pains stop and you feel well soon :hug:

Hi Petra

Thank you for your quick reply.

I'm so sorry to hear about your loss too. :hug: I hope you are ok.

I just cant tell if this is my period or not. Suppose i should see how things are tomorrow.

My cycles are long too. Although def not as long as yours but on average 42 - 45 days so i would be very surprised if after only 2 weeks since i lost our baby this is my actual period.

Ah who knows. :wall: This is how i feel at the moment.

Thanks again and i send you lots of luck in ttc. :hug:

:hug: :hug: :hug: I know just how you feel - I am in that awful limbo land too - I think after 4 days spotting AF is about to start but hey who knows!!!!

Hope it all settles down for you soon x x x

hi, sorry about your loss :hug:
after my d&c's i usually only bled for a few days but i remember being told not to worry if the bleeding returns as long as i dont have really bad pain or there are any clots or if its smelly, if you have any of these you need to get checked out. i think the bleeding can reyurn if you have been taking it easy then maybe done something more active, so if this was the first time or the longest time you have been up and about this could have caused the bleeding. or on the other hand it may well be af im sure its not unheard of. sorry i couldnt be more help :hug:

Thanks girls

ROM - I know how your feeling :hug: I just dont know whats going on at the moment and have no one else i can really talk to about this as no one else been through it. My sister is my best friend but she hasn't got any children so we talk but neither of us have any answers. So thank you for your reply :hug: Lots of luck xxx

Babydust - Thank you for your advice. Well i have been taking it really easy lately but today i went out shopping with my mam and 2 nieces. Suppose that was stressful in itself lol. I'll see how i am tomorrow, whether its just as heavy or stopped then maybe judge it from there as to whether its AF or not.

i had a sort of assisted miscarriage on 5-11-07, i had a 'period' about 4weeks later- and like u all i often have very long cycles (usually up to 45ish- poor u on 100!!). it was odd, the blood was bright red and i had no pain at all so it was not a normal one for me either, hth

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back