Perineal massage

star fish

Reaction score
How many of you are massaging your perineum? And what with?

Do you think I've left it too late with only 10 days to go?

I've got short fingers, wouldn't work, LOL - not like I'd try anyway, I don't fancy sticking anything in there at the moment.

I can't reach cos of spd and mw said not to worry

Sent from my gorgeous iphone4

lol, is baby oil ok then? I was told it had to be an oil that you can also eat, like olive oil or walnut oil or similar

I thought the perineum was the "chin rest",is it actually inside then?......sheesh I really don't know my anatomy. No bloody wonder it took so long to conceive :shock:

I would say for internal use something like olive or walnut

Sent from my gorgeous iphone4

I thought the perineum was the "chin rest",is it actually inside then?......sheesh I really don't know my anatomy. No bloody wonder it took so long to conceive :shock:

ROTFL :rotfl: Chin rest? Where on earth is that? I thought the perineum was the bit of skin between front and back exits. Starting to question it myself now!!!

ROTFL :rotfl: Chin rest? Where on earth is that? I thought the perineum was the bit of skin between front and back exits. Starting to question it myself now!!!

Exactly lol.....chin rest between front and back, stops his jaw aching and his nose acting like a sucker pad when he's down there :wink:

Crikey sorry ladies that may be just a tad tmi lol xxxxxxxxx

Exactly lol.....chin rest between front and back, stops his jaw aching and his nose acting like a sucker pad when he's down there :wink:

:rofl: My DH calls it the chin rest too. Not TMI just a practical tip.

I did mine on Monday and didn't last night, but will again tonight. Tbh, Monday was a half arsed :roll: attempt. I'd read 2 mins and it was a stretch doing it for a few seconds! I said to OH I was about to do it as had a bit of olive oil in a dish, and he thought I'd asked him to do it. Lol. He said he wouldn't if I had asked him! Charming!

I'm more concerned about my lack of pelvic floor exercises :shock: I've been really bad. I've not had any leakages...yet, but that doesn't really mean much does it.

xxx

:rofl: My DH calls it the chin rest too. Not TMI just a practical tip.

LOL here's me thinking you were referring to when the baby came out until that point :rofl:

I had a go at this in the bath last night, but I just couldn't reach properly, also my finger nails are too long, so not very comfortable! It felt really weird though. Will have to ask OH to have a go with the olive oil, but I'm not sure I'm going to like it!

I tried to explain it to my oh and he looked a bit grossed out, so i dont think i will ask him!

My finger nails were too long as well, I cut them all short last night, I figure its better for the baby if they are short anyway

I did mine on Monday and didn't last night, but will again tonight. Tbh, Monday was a half arsed :roll: attempt. I'd read 2 mins and it was a stretch doing it for a few seconds! I said to OH I was about to do it as had a bit of olive oil in a dish, and he thought I'd asked him to do it. Lol. He said he wouldn't if I had asked him! Charming!

I'm more concerned about my lack of pelvic floor exercises :shock: I've been really bad. I've not had any leakages...yet, but that doesn't really mean much does it.

xxx

If you havent had any leakages thus far then i reakon your pelvic floor is probably pretty strong anyway! I was having a nightmare from about 10 weeks every time i sneezed! But have worked them into submission with just a few a day x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back