"perfect job" help/software?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by leckershell, Jan 22, 2008.

1. leckershell

leckershell Well-Known Member

This is going to sound really stupid. I'm not a thick person, but I don't actually know what jobs are out there.

I'm looking at training to do something proper - more of a career than just being an office girl - but I don't know what sort of jobs there are to choose from.

I'd like to help people instead of working to make profit for a company. I'm good at sticking up for people if they are being treated unfairly... I'm good at Maths and Stats but not Science or Humanities. I can speak French and German to AS Level.

The type of things I'd be ace at would be working at the c.a.b or fundraising for a charity but they're volunteer type jobs and we need a wage coming in...

Does anyone know of a way to get job advice, or download those "perfect job" softwares they had at high school? I can't for the life of me remember what they're called.

Thanks all, and sorry for the randomness. x

2. glitzyglamgirl

glitzyglamgirl Well-Known Member

Not all CAB staff are volunteers...I have done paid admin support with them, so you could do something like that so you get a feel for the advisory industry?

3. leckershell

leckershell Well-Known Member

ooh :D

my dad used to work as an advisor for free, i assumed all the jobs there were... :think:

hmmm :)

4. evemarie8

evemarie8 Well-Known Member

Not all charity work is un-paid either, my friend works for a charity called Leonard Cheshire that helps young disabled people, he organises events and trips for them and is pretty well paid!!

5. libs

libs Well-Known Member

I know the software you mean - I use it at work but have to sign in and out - I don't know any that are free to use.

Have you tried local connexions? They should have it.

CAB advisors - we got someone a job there recently - and it is paid and he didn't have any real experience - he volunteered for a few weeks and then got a job offer.

6. NickyB

NickyB Well-Known Member

Somewhere on this site: http://www.prospects.ac.uk/cms/ShowPage ... /p!edcaefX

there's a job profile thing, you fill in the sorts of things you like, and the qualities you have and it gives you a load of things to consider and how to get into them.

I used it years ago, so hope it's still there.

7. Krystal

Krystal Well-Known Member

This site has one of those questionaire things that you use at school.. :D

8. Tillytots

Tillytots Well-Known Member

9. Melanie

Melanie Well-Known Member

The learn direct site has one of those job questionaires on it too.