"perfect job" help/software?

leckershell

Reaction score
This is going to sound really stupid. I'm not a thick person, but I don't actually know what jobs are out there.

I'm looking at training to do something proper - more of a career than just being an office girl - but I don't know what sort of jobs there are to choose from.

I'd like to help people instead of working to make profit for a company. I'm good at sticking up for people if they are being treated unfairly... I'm good at Maths and Stats but not Science or Humanities. I can speak French and German to AS Level.

The type of things I'd be ace at would be working at the c.a.b or fundraising for a charity but they're volunteer type jobs and we need a wage coming in...

Does anyone know of a way to get job advice, or download those "perfect job" softwares they had at high school? I can't for the life of me remember what they're called.

Thanks all, and sorry for the randomness. x

Not all CAB staff are volunteers...I have done paid admin support with them, so you could do something like that so you get a feel for the advisory industry?

ooh :D

my dad used to work as an advisor for free, i assumed all the jobs there were... :think:

hmmm :)

Not all charity work is un-paid either, my friend works for a charity called Leonard Cheshire that helps young disabled people, he organises events and trips for them and is pretty well paid!!

I know the software you mean - I use it at work but have to sign in and out - I don't know any that are free to use.

Have you tried local connexions? They should have it.

CAB advisors - we got someone a job there recently - and it is paid and he didn't have any real experience - he volunteered for a few weeks and then got a job offer.

This site has one of those questionaire things that you use at school.. :D

The learn direct site has one of those job questionaires on it too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back