Perenial Massage???????????

emma1976

Reaction score
OK, I am thick, but what is Perenial massage how does it help and what do you do?

Sorry :( I am stupid!

Em xxxxxxxxxx

Ok... this is info I have........
It is beneficial to do perenial massage from about 34 weeks on. Using a carrier oil or olive oil, you massage the area between your vagina and back passage, placing your thumb slightly on the inside and gently stretching the area with massage. Do once a day after warm bath.
It will soften the area towards birth and is also likely to prevent you from tearing. You could probably do a better search on internet and get some detailed explanation.
How versatile can olive oil be?....lol :shock:
Emilia xx

Thanks meals, I'll get some olive oil tomorrow. I did do a search on google but it came up with just things people have said in forums.

Durrrr, I also should have kind of known cos I know where your perenial is! Blonde moment. God I feel real stupid now. LOL

Thanks hun, shall start that tomorrow.

Em xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I was starting to think about doing this recently, but I am starting to get the impression that the consultants cut you anyway a lot of the time "just in case" :shock:

I would be so mad if I spent hours softening my area, only to get cut anyway.

Can this be written into a birth plan ??

sound's like a good idea only problem is how meny of us can actualy reach that area very well :lol: and I don't think i'll ask my fella he'll wanna do something else instead :twisted:

Ha ha. LOL. I'll have a go tonight and see how it goes. WIll be hiding the olive oil though incase my dad comes in for a chat and wonders why I have olive oil by my bed when I don't have a man. I'm not explaining perenial massage to him either - how embarrassing.

Do Midwife led units hack away at you there as well then or do they let you tear. I don't know if they do those cut things as would they be qualified?? If not then I'll just rip.

xxxxxxxxxxx

Sarah W Baby Belly said:
I was starting to think about doing this recently, but I am starting to get the impression that the consultants cut you anyway a lot of the time "just in case" :shock:

I would be so mad if I spent hours softening my area, only to get cut anyway.

Can this be written into a birth plan ??

I don't think they do, I think they do everything they can to avoid it. You would only be cut if you needed forceps I think???

My midwife team have a policy of not snipping unless they absolutely have to but actually I'd kind of rather they did as tearing sounds much less controlled!

+++

It's actually a lot better to tear as it heals a lot better. Imagine ripping a piece of paper and then tryint to glue it back together as opposed to cutting it with scissors then glueing it, if you catch my drift. Being cut/tearing is my biggest labour fear (apart from c section obviously) and I am going to ask the midwife who delivers not to tell me about if I tear or need to be cut as I think I will be a lot better not knowing.

It is far better to tear naturally than to have an episiotomy! The natural tear is more regit and therefor heals quicker and with less scar tissue. I had episiotomy with first child - caused a lot of painful scar tissue. My GP suggested we cut again and re-stitch! I said two words to him and the second was OFF!!!!
With second baby I had small tear and it healed with no effort. So, I'm going to get the oils out this time and try to avoid cut or tear!!! :shock:
Emilia xx

i was cut with my 1st as i was getting too tierd to push, this toke about 8 weeks to heal, with my second i tore as she born quite fast and this toke about 5 week's to heal so for me tearing was better. it heal's faster because it knit's toghter better when you tear then it does with a straight cut

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back