People smoking

lottie89

Reaction score
This is really hypocritical of me to moan about as I was one of these people a couple of months ago, but I work at the end of a building right beside a set of fire doors and people throughout the building go to these fire doors to stand and smoke throughout the day. this wouldnt be such an issue, but the drifts into our office and the smell is making me physically sick if I'm already feeling a bit off (which has happened 4 times over the past week or so)

We're only here for another 2 weeks and then we move office, but is it worth saying something to the building owners?

Yeah why not, it's not even because your pregnant but it's your right! It's against the law to subject people to smoke in their work environment! I'm sure it's not even allowed to smoke so close to the premises if it then goes as far as into your office where you can smell it! My old office had a smoking area and it was quite a walk from the doors with parking in between, everyone who used to stand too close near the doors would be told off because they didn't want it drifting into the reception area!

I would not be able to stand that.. I don't smoke normally ( did in the past ) but since I got pregnant only the slightest smell of smoke makes me so sick! You should say something x

I thought businesses had to dedicate smoking areas now with specific bins for cigarettes. By a fire door isn't ideal either. I would definitely say something because it seems silly for many reasons x

Try working at a cancer hospital, seeing patients given months to live haven never smoked to then have to attend their appointments fighting through a crowd of ignorant people standing smoking at the doors.

I know its our right, its never nice but I hate it more when people stand outside the MAT doors or my work doors atm.

Its so inconsiderate, and just smells vile!

Bus stops get me too. I dunno how many times Ive had a word with folk because Ive had Jackson with me. If he doesnt get 2nd hand smoke from me, he wont be getting it elsewhere if I can help it.

xxxx

Try working at a cancer hospital, seeing patients given months to live haven never smoked to then have to attend their appointments fighting through a crowd of ignorant people standing smoking at the doors.

I know its our right, its never nice but I hate it more when people stand outside the MAT doors or my work doors atm.

Its so inconsiderate, and just smells vile!

Bus stops get me too. I dunno how many times Ive had a word with folk because Ive had Jackson with me. If he doesnt get 2nd hand smoke from me, he wont be getting it elsewhere if I can help it.

xxxx

I had a chat with the general manager of the building. Turns out he's absolutely fed up of it as well. They are planning to put a bar over the fire doors and install a fire break glass to ensure people arent using it as a shortcut for getting through the building or as a smoking area.

Darn tooting you were right to say something. People have the choice to smoke, they don't have the right to make others have to inhale their disgusting habit.

There's currently a friend of a friend whose 25 weeks pregnant and still smoking. My other gave up 5 years ago and he suffered so hats off to women who have to quite in pregnancy, I just can't understand why they would take the risk.

It's horrible. They used to do it at my work the smell is awful. And the smell of it on the girls after used to make me feel worse. Stale cigs ergh. At the newborn centre near me the women stand outside the doors smoking. Women heavy pregnant in dressing gowns stood smoking ! It's shameful really. People coming out of hospitals with newborns and u have to walk through a cloud of smoke ! X

I used to smoke... now the smell makes me want to vomit... its got to be something to do with the chemicals

Agreed Kitten, I always worried I would struggle to quit, but it was so much easier than expected!

Tell me about it... I was dying for about a week and now it's like nope not interested at all :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back