People giving opinions and giving lo things you don't want them to have! Grrrr

Tanya4beauty

Reaction score
I had one of those days yesterday where I really had to hold back from blowing my top!!!!!
First it started with my dad thinking it was funny to keep feeding Mia orange juice and lemonade (something I feel she really doesn't need to have while I can still avoid it) if I have my way she will never have it!!! (Lemonade i mean) I kept saying that's enough dad, that's enough but he kept doing it like my opinion on my own child doesn't matter!!!! Then my sister gave her a chunk of ice to which I said no as she may put it in her mouth, they both said well we won't let her and gave it to her anyway. So what did Mia do?! Yep it went straight for her mouth! Then when I got home because Mia's routine was all out of sync she missed her usual sleep time so by 5.30 she was really tired and grisly because everyone kept pulling her about. Mum, dad and my sister kept telling me to put her down for a sleep! I was like if I do that now I will never get her to bed at 7. But they kept going on at me. Then when I was giving Mia her dinner they kept commenting on the things I was giving her (all healthy I might add) and kept saying ooh ooh I think she needs a drink. I just thought ffs I think I know when my child needs a drink I feed her every effing day!!!!!
It just gets a bit grrrrrrr at times!!!! Xx

Oh I feel your pain. Ive felt like that and its not nice. Xx

tapatalking

I absolutely feel your pain! Spencer is lactose intolerant and family and friends keep trying to give him bloody chocolate!

Yes the intolerance is the big thing but also, he's not even 5 months yet so I don't want him having chocolate!!

I know getting through a lot of it includes biting your tongue but it really doesn't help!

Spencer David Wilcockson 28/2/2013 6lbs 3.5ozs

Yep, and 2.5 years on it doesn't get any better!!! So either nip it in the bud now (probably wise with the things like lemonade) or live with the comments forever. People can't help themselves I guess. I bet I even do it to new mums :-S. I hope I know where to draw the line though!

----------------
baby giz born 6th Feb 2011
next one due 12th Aug 2013

It drives me demented and I'm at the stage now where I don't hold my tongue anymore!

I've had all manner of people telling me why my son was fussy with his feeds. It turns out it's cos of reflux. I've had people telling me it's cos he's just not hungry - so he is never hungry then cos he did it every f***ing feed?! Then it's cos there's too much going on - really? In our house at 5am when it's dark, it's just him and me in the bedroom, there's too much going on?! I try to be polite and say I know they're trying to help, but that it is more than just what they see.

As for comments on not giving him crap, it's mainly from the inlaws and I am quite snidey about it! I always say I don't want my son being a fussy eater who was pandered to with nothing but junk like his dad was! Ha ha! I always get the death stare after that one!

Omg yes! I could've written this post myself. I usually let it go unless they take it a step too far - like my dad did the other week. He finished his bottle of beer, and had the tiniest little drop in the bottom then proceeded to tip it into his mouth! Needless to say I absolutely hit the roof. Then everyone (including OH) was making out I was overreacting! Sorry if it makes me a drama queen for not wanting my 10 MONTH old having alcohol in his system!!
I'm not a drinker, but OH and my dad have the odd beer now & again. Since the beer incident with my dad,
Ethan always makes a beeline for anyone who has a beer bottle.
They also think its acceptable to feed him lots of chocolate, marshmallows, cake etc. I explain that he would much prefer a few strawberries than junk food but obviously my opinion doesn't matter because I'm only his mum! Grrrr lol xx

Why do people always feel the need to give kids sweets anyway and say parents are mean for not giving them?!

Not feeding my child at all would be mean. I don't understand how trying to prevent him having problems like tooth decay and diabetes is mean?!

A stranger in costa tried to give my then 6 month old some mini marshmallows once! I said no very firmly and she looked at me like I was the devil!

I also get it from family a lot and they always keep asking what she is eating, what does it bloody matter to them?! I get told she she be drinking juice all the time and it really winds me up!

Omg, beer?! Its mad!
Someone tried to give my.son a mini marshmallow too without asking, i intercepted.thankfully. Its a big chocking hazard and unnecessary.

Tapatalking so cant see signatures

completely feel for u, my mil has been talking about starting weaning for weeks, she revealed a couple of weeks ago he eats me to start so she can start feeding lo cakes and quavers, but it's ok cos they're homemade cakes at 17 weeks...never letting u feed me child again!

Awww god. My mum used to say things like "ohh soon he will be aloud milky buttons etc" I just nipped it on the bud and said "sorry why? Why does he need milky buttons ? He didn't ask for them. Nor does he even knw what they are, what's wrong with a piece of fruit as a treat" lol she now rings me each time she's going to feed him yoghurts etc to get the go ahead.

When I lived with MIL our niece would stay and one easter I woke at 8am for the loo and Gem was about 4 she had a whole easter egg eating it when OH brother was quite specific so now I actually said to MIL what he's to eat and if I find out he's been eating something I don't allow the overnight visits will stop. I know that might sound harsh but if she can ignore OH brothers requests then she will ignore our request so she's been well warned.

The time she gave him a munch bunch or something and she seen the reaction I gave and she shit herself I think she thought I was going to go mad, I did let it go but I don't take advice to lightly lol that's why I am a member on here. I know ill recv advice when needed and not just unecessary and frustrating comments!! LOL xxxxx

My dad thought it was perfectly normal to wash the dummy in beer after J had dropped it the other week. I got called a drama queen when I snatch the dummy off him and marched off to the kitchen to wash it.

I've had the comments and looks as if I'm being snobby or dramatic because I don't want my son consumin shit when he doesn't need to! I'd have took the beer off him and poured it over him lolol just kidding but I would have washed the dummy too!

xxxxx

Yesterday my uncle asked if O could have some of his Milky Way Crispy roll! His was through just not knowing though & at least he asked!
My mum will be the worst come weaning. I've told her that there will be no "treats" until he learns to love the healthy stuff. She literally looked like I had told her I was taking O away & she'd never see him again. Get a bit of perspective please! :)

I'm so glad all the grandparents are day-trips away... Xx

Last time Riley saw my mil he was a bit grizzly. All she kept on about was "Ooooh, Riley has a tummy ache, lets try burp him" I kept telling her "No, he is just tired" but she carried on. I know what his cries sound like when he has wind and I know what they sound like when he is tired. When I took him back he fell straight asleep. I just wanted to shout "TOLD YOU SO!"

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kiara.y2
Back