Pelvic pain

Copterpops

Reaction score
Any one else beginning to struggle with this?

From the start I have has sharp pain in my left hip, and now I get a dull ache in my pelvis, right at the front.

Midwife said with my hip pain it was only going to get worse, but being just over half way, I am beginnning to worry that I will be crippled before this pregnancy is through.... :(

Didn't want to read and run... I don't get pain but I'm very stiff if I sit Or stand for more than a couple mins, I then start to waddle until I free up a bit.

Yeah I've got it on my right hip and it's a killer!
I make sure I don't sit for too long and get up and stretch and a walkabout.
Last night I had a hot bath and an early night and it had completely eased off this morning!

If been having baths (OH regulates temperature after reading it shouldn't be too hot) and it does help, but always comes back.

I'm never in one position for any length if time. My favourite is to lie in front of the fire, but then I can't get off the floor, so I can't :(

Ive suffered with PGP/SPD in both my pregnancies.

Ice had to have physio, support belt. Also needed to bring cushions & back support to work for my desk chair to help ease the pain x

I seemed to have a bit of pain in first tri, but it seems to have eased/stopped. I'm not normally a bath person but since been pregnant it relaxes me so much! My mum got me some aromatherapy bath bombs from fenwicks in York, the oils make me skin feel so smooth and rehydrated. She got me quite a few for xmas can't wait to use them! Xx

I'm sorry your suffering hon. I've had a pretty severe cases of PGP/SPD. My pelvis relaxed so much I now have a constant tilt and it cases such pain in my hip!

It might help to go to your GP and get a referral to a physio. Also you might find a a good pregnancy pillow will help, one that you can put between your legs while your in bed! My physio also said keep your legs closed when your turning in bed, getting out of the car and having second (I've not worked that one out yet lol).

I also found a birth ball was great to sit on and to do some exercises on x lots of pelvic tilts xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back