Pelvic Pain Class

DebbieM

Reaction score
I have my pelvic pain class at 11am this morning for my SPD. Not really looking forward to it as I don't think that it will help me in as much as getting any relief as what they're going to tell us will be everything I know from when my sister attended last year. However, at the end of it I *should* get booked for a personal physio appointment!

Good luck Debbie !
I hope you get Physio. My midwife has just referred me so hopefully i should get an appointment in the next few weeks.

not sure if this might be of nay use to anyone? but about 22 weeks i started with spd..and we went to disney land when i was 25 weeks (tbh the spd was in the back of my mind and i thought omg.. im gonna be in sooo much agony walking miles every day)

well yeah the 1st day it did hurt.. and i expected to wake and not be able to move the next day.. but i was ok..since then.. my spd has gone..amazingly.. no treatment.. only walking, not sure why i had the pain down the join of the 2 halfs (fanny bone) if i move a bit to quick now i can pull that again... but jsut wanted to say that there might be hope there.. and it might go itself like mine did.. i hope it does

i was been seen by a physio for spd and they tell you not to walk alot which is impossible with a dog!!!i also found walking has really helped the pain and i hardly ever get any problems with it now, yes it hurts when you first start walking but i found it better to walk through the pain!!

Good luck with it. Fingers crossed you get your appointment :)

Well, I'm back. The class didn't tell me anything I didn't already know but I may go and buy myself a "wobble board" which we used and I quite liked.

I have my personal appointment next Thurs which I am really surprised about. I honestly thought it would be Jan/Feb time as I know they are always so busy.

I asked her about the pain I get when I have been walking about for an hour or so (to the point where I literally cannot put my right foot on the floor) and she said that they will be able to assess me next week.. posture, alignment etc and then talk about mobility aids and support belts etc.

I'm kind of looking forward to that session in a way and they'll give us as many half hour appointments after next weeks hour long appointment, as they think we need. :)

lisa&alex said:
not sure if this might be of nay use to anyone? but about 22 weeks i started with spd..and we went to disney land when i was 25 weeks (tbh the spd was in the back of my mind and i thought omg.. im gonna be in sooo much agony walking miles every day)

well yeah the 1st day it did hurt.. and i expected to wake and not be able to move the next day.. but i was ok..since then.. my spd has gone..amazingly.. no treatment.. only walking, not sure why i had the pain down the join of the 2 halfs (fanny bone) if i move a bit to quick now i can pull that again... but jsut wanted to say that there might be hope there.. and it might go itself like mine did.. i hope it does

You've been very lucky with it by the sounds of it. I know for some it can just clear up and ease off so good for you! You're certainly one of the lucky ones so far. I hope it stays away for you.

Never know... I might get lucky over the coming weeks too.... :pray:

Oh! And we were also informed that SPD is no longer called SPD. It is now formally called Pelvic Girdle Pain. We were given leaflets too. :D

glad you managed to get an early appt and i hope it helps you out a bit more
manda xx

The pelvic pain class just sounds like a way for the NHS to try and save money. I hope you'll get some proper physio now, it helped my spd loads in my first pregnancy

lisa&alex said:

am absolutely with you this - when OH and i were away, we walked about 3 miles on our first day. that night and the next day i was in agony. but then every day we walked some more and by the end of the week i felt soooo much better.

i'm still in some pain now, but miles better from having exercised than i was before (when i was resting as advised). i talked to the physio about it yesterday - at my back/pelvis pain class - and she confirmed what i was thinking - that the walking had strengthened all the muscles around my pelvis and that they have now taken some of the strain from my ligaments.

muppetmummy said:
The pelvic pain class just sounds like a way for the NHS to try and save money. I hope you'll get some proper physio now, it helped my spd loads in my first pregnancy

The class is more so you can get together with other people and share what's going on and perhaps so you can see you're not the only one suffering? It's a nice way to meet others too so I didn't really mind. I doubt it is a way of saving money when they give you an appointment right at the end of the class though. It's more of an educational thing to begin with. :)

Either way, I feel better having met others with it and hearing first hand that my pains ARE all related to PGP/SPD - whatever you want to call it now LOL. It kind of put my mind at rest a little :D

ah!, i didn't realise you got a one on one appointment. Glad you found it beneficial. I'm just cynical me :D

Yeah next week should be better and much more beneficial than today :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back