Pelvic Girdle Syndrome

Sjf0709

Reaction score
Hi,

Just wondering if anyone has suffered from pelvic girdle syndrome or SPD as it is known?

For the last few days I’ve got a pain in the middle of my pelvis at the front when I stand up, walk or go upstairs. I’m 32+1 so I’m not sure if this is normal for the stage of pregnancy I’m in or not? The only way I can describe it is like there’s pressure in the middle but pain as well. I find myself walking really slowly to help ease the pain.

Any advice on if this is normal would be great or if you’ve had pelvic girdle pain before does it sound similar?

Thanks

Yeah I had it. You can have psycho to help. Taking pain killers helps too xx

Yeah I had it. You can have psycho to help. Taking pain killers helps too xx
Sorry to hear you’ve had it. Does my symptoms sound similar to what you experienced? X

Yeah, got to the point even turning in bed was painful.
I'm a hairstylist so being on my feet all day didn't help either xx

Hi,

Just wondering if anyone has suffered from pelvic girdle syndrome or SPD as it is known?

For the last few days I’ve got a pain in the middle of my pelvis at the front when I stand up, walk or go upstairs. I’m 32+1 so I’m not sure if this is normal for the stage of pregnancy I’m in or not? The only way I can describe it is like there’s pressure in the middle but pain as well. I find myself walking really slowly to help ease the pain.

Any advice on if this is normal would be great or if you’ve had pelvic girdle pain before does it sound similar?

Thanks
My hips and back have been painful, I saw the Women's health physiotherapist at the hospital and she was fab. My left hip was slightly out of place (not from pregnancy as far as I know) and she put it back and gave me exercises to do :) hope yours eases soon x

I have had SPD since 12ish weeks. I had it with my previous pregnancy as well and sadly, there is no miracle cure. I did follow physiotherapy with my first so I know what to avoid and how to move.

Do not try to lift heavy things anymore.
When lying down, avoid lying flat on your back, you will have a hard time getting back up.
Sleep with a pillow between your knees AND ankles, pregnancy pillow works fine too.
When sitting down, do not cross your legs.
When getting out of a car or seat, try to keep your legs together.
When lifting something, bend through your knees completely and keep your legs together.
When vacuuming or mopping or whatever, try to keep your body faced to the apparatus and keep your legs parallel to each other, not one leg in front of the other.
I can't think of any other moves anymore but those should help you a bit. You can't completely avoid the pain though.
It took about a year before I could lift weights again without suffering afterwards. But normal activities didn't hurt anymore after a few weeks.
Hang in there!x

Thanks ladies. Really hoping im not going to get it bad if that’s what I have got. I have a real bad habit for sitting cross legged like a Buddha so I’m going to have to stop that for sure! I already sleep with a 12 ft pregnancy pillow that goes all around me and supports my legs and bump so I should be ok there. I also go to aqua natal every week so that should help with my exercises too. I’ll just have to take it easy and see how I get on. Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back