Pelvic floors

twinkle90

Reaction score
My bladder is awful. I'm constantly going for a wee atm. Once I start weeing I can't stop it. My pelvic muscles are so weak. How often should i be doing pelvic floor exercises? Does it get to the point of going to the doctors?
If i need to pee in the mornings when i wake up. I have to run to the loo. Because i leak sometimes x

Hello!! Sorry to hear you are suffering with this problem! So many mums do, its not good!
I'm a midwife and I advise my ladies as follows: try to make a routine of it, so when you're doing the dishes/stuck at a red traffic light, eating a meal etc.
You should do one long clench and hold for 10 seconds, followed by 10 short pulses. For new mums I say to do it each time they feed baby, so they can be sure to do it regularly.
Even set an alarm on your phone to remind you to do them. Be sure to to try to do really strong clenches, just when you think youre squeezing as hard as you can, give it another 10%. It should start to improve if you do this religiously. If not, I would suggest you speak to your GP, they might be able to refer you to physio.
Hope this helps x

I’d echo exactly what princess says based on my experience. I also have a dvd by a physio called Hab-it which is really good and effective at strengthening your PF and core muscles x

The NHS have an app called squeezy which could help!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back