pelvic floor... the save my fanny campaign

boo

Reaction score
Hello all

I posted a few times with various worries back in early first trimester. Been too busy to come on-line since then but all is well now and life seems to have settled back down, so I hope to visit the forum a bit more regularly. I'm 17 weeks now. Feeling quite a lot of movement, which is always nice and reassuring.

BUT, someone appears to have robbed my pelvic floor! And I mean robbed it. Not a trace of it in sight. I don't even need to cough...just move about. I was aware that this might happen later on in the pregnancy but I really wasn't expecting it all not to pack up at 17 weeks! This IS my fourth pregnancy and my youngest is only 9 months old, so I suppose it's not surprising but I just wondered....

1. Has anyone else suffered 'leakage' this early on in pregnancy?
2. Is it urine that leaks or other fluids (it doesn't smell...sorry TMI)?
2. Is there any hope for my poor bits?
3. Is it too late for pelvic floor exercises?
4. Will it get worse as the pregnancy progresses?
5. I HATE doing pelvic floor exercises. I know they only take a few seconds but they drive me mad. Anything else I can do?

Cheers in advance for any advice.

Boo

hi hun as far as i know its quite common in pregnancy not sure about when it can start though sorry :(
saying that mines not all it used to be any more and one sneeze or cough has got me running to the loo hoping to get there before its too late :oops: when i had a cold the other week had to wear sanitary towels all the time so you are not alone discuss it with your midwife because if it gets really bad there is physio you can have after pregnancy to return you to normal :D good luck xxxxx

I thought it was just me, when i reached 17 weeks everytime I coughed sneezed laughed etc I had a leakage.

It seems to have stopped now though whether it was down to how the baby was lying I dont know but now I can cough and above with out the fear of having to cross my legs so hard to stop leakage, not a nice sight if walking down the street :shock:

Sarah

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rania89
Back