Pelvic exam

Notready

Reaction score
I had protected sex on August 18, 2018. I took 2 at home pregnancy tests and had a blood pregnancy test at the doctor (the one that detects hcg) - all were negative. I know that I should realize that I am not pregnant, I'm just paranoid. I have just had a lot of lower back pain, bloating and almost feel movement (although it is probably gas). I recently went to my gynecologist and had a pelvic exam. She swabbed for stds and did the normal. Surely she would have noticed changes in my cervix or uterus if I was somehow pregnant, right?

You aren’t pregnant. Your right the gynaecologist would have been able to tell if you were. A blood test would have picked it up for sure. You are most definitely not pregnant.
The symptoms could be due to anything. Hormones due to period or revving up for it. A pulled muscle or mind playing tricks.

Also if the last time you had sex was August you would really be noticing a pregnancy now. I got pregnant in September and there is no mistaking it now. My bump is there full time, even the lady in the supermarket noticed through my baggy work shirt. Plus the pregnancy tests would have picked it up as would the doctor. The bloating and gas could be ibd, I know what you mean about it feeling like movement. Have you had AF since August?

You aren’t pregnant. Your right the gynaecologist would have been able to tell if you were. A blood test would have picked it up for sure. You are most definitely not pregnant.
The symptoms could be due to anything. Hormones due to period or revving up for it. A pulled muscle or mind playing tricks.

I am just super paranoid.

Also if the last time you had sex was August you would really be noticing a pregnancy now. I got pregnant in September and there is no mistaking it now. My bump is there full time, even the lady in the supermarket noticed through my baggy work shirt. Plus the pregnancy tests would have picked it up as would the doctor. The bloating and gas could be ibd, I know what you mean about it feeling like movement. Have you had AF since August?

Yeah I definitely don't look like I'm 5 or 6 months pregnant. I get bloated at times that I may look 3 but that isn't constant, lol. I haven't ever been diagnosed with ibd, but I have googled it a bit. I haven't skipped a period at all since August. I'm just crazy paranoid

You are 100% not pregnant. You would know by now for sure if it was August that you had sexual intercourse. And it would have picked up on all tests if you were.
If you also haven't skipped a period then there is no reason why you should be paranoid.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back