Pee after sex

Discussion in 'Trying to Conceive' started by BeckyR21, Mar 20, 2016.

1. BeckyR21

BeckyR21 Well-Known Member

Maybe a silly question but u never know till u ask. But is it true that when uv had sex u must go for a pee because if u don't and u leave his swimmers inside u all night that u will end up with a infection Ect.. Not sure how true it is so thought I'd ask as that's why maybe iv not conceived yet because I pee after sex. Many thanks hope someone can answer my question X
    Bring in next month we are both sorted. With conceive plus lubrication and our coupled prenatals x[​IMG]

2. Birdie

Birdie Well-Known Member

Not a silly question Becky! It is recommended to pee after sex as during sex various different bacteria can find their way into your urethra and bladder and this is what can cause UTIs like cystitis.

When TTC there is some evidence that remaining horizontal for 15-30 mins can aid the sperm it getting where they need to be. So I just stayed in bed for a while after sex and then got up to pee :D and I got my BFP a week ago and havent had any issues with UTIs!

3. Petit Pois

Petit Pois Well-Known Member

I ALWAYS pee after sex usually for the reasons mentioned above. Now that we're ttc however I just delay the pee for as long as possible haha

4. JD.Deedee

JD.Deedee Well-Known Member

I never pee after sex, I wake up during the night to pee and I don't ever have had much uti's.. I tend to get them from not peeing enough or not being hydrated enough...

5. Emily0505

Emily0505 Well-Known Member

I've never got up to pee after sex, never had uti and we've been ttc for a year and a half!

I could' t get up straight after sex and risk losing any swimmers!

XX

6. M1chelle

M1chelle Well-Known Member

I think some people are just more prone to them than others. I have to get up or I will get a UTI and they are so unbearable. I've just been trying to hold out a bit more now TTC.

7. russellmuscle

russellmuscle Well-Known Member

Sometimes I go sometimes I dont although more so now that Im pregnant.

During ttc id give it 15 mins then go clean myself.

I get thrush on and off so I tend to shine it up before bed and pee. Just incase.

xxxx

8. Sparklegirl

Sparklegirl Well-Known Member

I was always warned to pee after sex to avoid UTIs so it will be strange not to get right up and go for a wee! Maybe I will try it see where I get

9. BeckyR21

BeckyR21 Well-Known Member

Thank u so much ladies for replying. I'm now starting to lay down for 20 minutes before going for a wee wee. Sorry pee lol xxx

10. SharonP

SharonP Well-Known Member

Tbh I only go for a pee after sex if I'm busting to go. Usually I don't bother. I've only had a couple of UTI's in my life and they've been for other reasons

11. El1en

El1en Well-Known Member

I've always gone straight to the bathroom after sex. I could never lie there I just want to clean up

12. Sparklegirl

Sparklegirl Well-Known Member

First time today I didnt go straight for a wee. It felt icky I am not a fan! Still, fingers crossed it will do the trick