Peak fertility on CD 21?

Discussion in 'Trying to Conceive' started by HKM1990, Oct 21, 2016.

1. HKM1990

HKM1990 Active Member

The title says it all really... can this really be correct? It's our first month TTC and I'm using the Clearblue ovulation kit and for the last week or so I've had flashing smileys every morning. I was starting to think I'd missed my peak this month but decided to have one last pee on the stick this morning and got my static smiley.

This cycle looks like this
    CD 1-5 period
    Nothing to note until CD17 when I had a day of spotting, followed by a day of light bleeding, followed by a day of brown stringy EWCM.
    CD 20 still flashing smiley
    CD 21 static smiley

Sorry I know that's a lot of waffle but I'm new to all this and don't know what is going on. Has anyone else experienced similar? Is it really possible that I've OV'd on day 21 of my cycle? I should mention I've felt a bit crampy and twingey but nothing major.

Thanks ladies :) baby dust to you all x

2. kumber

kumber Well-Known Member

Yep, totally possible. My ovs have ranged from CD17 to CD26!

3. kabuk1

kabuk1 Well-Known Member

Completely possible. I had my smiley on CD18 and Ov'sd the next day. I got my BFP. What what I've read, ov tends to happen quicker with a later LH surge. But nothing is written in stone. For me it was true, as I did home insemination with frozen sperm, I only used the 2day window CB tests because I had a short window to get it right.

As for your cycle, the luteal phase is what stays the same, your cycle length changes because you ovulate earlier or later.

4. Sunflower1

Sunflower1 Well-Known Member

Yep, a friend of mine got pregnant on day 20. Day 21 is not abnormal from what I've read. Good luck.

5. HKM1990

HKM1990 Active Member

Thanks ladies! I feel much more reassured now. We DTD on CD 21 and 22 so now into the 2ww... keeping everything crossed.

Kabuk1 - congrats on your recent BFP, you and your partner must be chuffed. Stupid question, sorry, but what is a luteal phase? Can you tell I'm new to this �� ��

6. kumber

kumber Well-Known Member

It's the period of time in between ovulation and af :)

7. HKM1990

HKM1990 Active Member

Thank you Kumber :) sorry to keep bombarding the forum with questions but do you think I should be concerned about the light mid cycle bleeding I've had? Or is it fairly normal?

8. kumber

kumber Well-Known Member

I don't know what it could be I'm afraid :( I shouldn't think it would be anything to worry about if it was only a small bleed

#8 kumber, Oct 24, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 24, 2016
  9. HKM1990

HKM1990 Active Member

Thanks Kumber :) fingers crossed for our BFP's soon!

10. kabuk1

kabuk1 Well-Known Member

Thank HKM. Hope you get your BFP soon!