Peak fertility on CD 21?

HKM1990

Reaction score
The title says it all really... can this really be correct? It's our first month TTC and I'm using the Clearblue ovulation kit and for the last week or so I've had flashing smileys every morning. I was starting to think I'd missed my peak this month but decided to have one last pee on the stick this morning and got my static smiley.

This cycle looks like this
CD 1-5 period
Nothing to note until CD17 when I had a day of spotting, followed by a day of light bleeding, followed by a day of brown stringy EWCM.
CD 20 still flashing smiley
CD 21 static smiley

Sorry I know that's a lot of waffle but I'm new to all this and don't know what is going on. Has anyone else experienced similar? Is it really possible that I've OV'd on day 21 of my cycle? I should mention I've felt a bit crampy and twingey but nothing major.

Thanks ladies :) baby dust to you all x

Yep, totally possible. My ovs have ranged from CD17 to CD26!

Completely possible. I had my smiley on CD18 and Ov'sd the next day. I got my BFP. What what I've read, ov tends to happen quicker with a later LH surge. But nothing is written in stone. For me it was true, as I did home insemination with frozen sperm, I only used the 2day window CB tests because I had a short window to get it right.

As for your cycle, the luteal phase is what stays the same, your cycle length changes because you ovulate earlier or later.

Yep, a friend of mine got pregnant on day 20. Day 21 is not abnormal from what I've read. Good luck.

Thanks ladies! I feel much more reassured now. We DTD on CD 21 and 22 so now into the 2ww... keeping everything crossed.

Kabuk1 - congrats on your recent BFP, you and your partner must be chuffed. Stupid question, sorry, but what is a luteal phase? Can you tell I'm new to this �� ��

It's the period of time in between ovulation and af :)

Thank you Kumber :) sorry to keep bombarding the forum with questions but do you think I should be concerned about the light mid cycle bleeding I've had? Or is it fairly normal?

I don't know what it could be I'm afraid :( I shouldn't think it would be anything to worry about if it was only a small bleed

Last edited:
Thanks Kumber :) fingers crossed for our BFP's soon!

Thank HKM. Hope you get your BFP soon!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back