Pcos diet

sexylips

Reaction score
Hi everyone I was diagnosed in Dec/Jan with pcos just waiting on fertility appointment to confirm it had blood tests scans etc.now I'm just wondering what diet is best to help with conceiving I'm not overweight don't have excess hair so it's a shock really I do have an allergy to all nuts so can't have anything with nuts in.any help/advice would be appreciated thanks

Hi. I got diagnosed with PCOS and it came as a shock as I don't have any of the typical symptoms. A low carb, low sugar diet is best. Have plenty of protein and healthy fats (oily fish, avocado etc). If you can, cut out or at least reduce gluten. Make sure your milk is full fat so you're getting all the goodness.

My polycystic ovaries seem to come and go as when I was scanned in November and a recent scan said I didn't have them. Every other one showed I did...

Good luck x

Thanks for your reply i drink semi skimmed milk as I don't really like full fat but will change, what supplements are good? How many times have you had your day 21 bloods done? I've only had it done once and that was in Jan x

I've only had it done once too and that was a couple of years ago now!

Good supplements are omega 3, cinnamon, chromium, NAC, myo-inositol. Myo-inositol, cinnamon and chromium all work like metformin. Xx

If your not overweight I don't think I would change much other than try to cost from scratch mostly instead of processed. I read that things they put in jars etc can effect people with PCOS. No idea how reliable that is but as a diabetic with PCOS I'm trying my best to cook from scratch and avoid ready made. That way also seems to be low carb too.

Something else to avoid is soy or soya as it can wreak havoc with your hormones (it's different to soy isoflavones). It's found in lots of things but I found a lot of chocolate bars contained it. Sugarpop is right in cooking from scratch is the way to go. I'm not overweight but I've found dietary change has still helped. X

I don't have PCOS but I can say that eating low carb is good for you, not the extreme low carb, just low carb as in avoiding too many carbs, and sugar and sweets. I eat that kind of low carb as well as avoiding as much processed food as possible and no fast food. No junk food or soda. Drink lots of water. Eat healthy, lots of veggies, and fruit, drink lots of milk, I loooove milk. :) I stopped drinking coffee when I got pregnant just to be on the safe side. Some say a small amount is okay, but I just chose to drop it completely.

Just so you know, my last scan showed I ovulated from my left ovary (the polycystic one) and there were no cysts! Not 100% sure what helped but I'm guessing diet, more walking, vitamin D, metformin and maca xxx

I don't have PCOS but I have a cyst and have had hormonal imbalances and am overweight. Since last November I have been almost Paleo, on a low carb, high protein, no-gluten, no-dairy, no-soya diet. It is partly to get rid of the weight (of which I've lost over 6 stone now) but it has also shrunk the cyst alot so I am hopeful. A friend of mine with multiple cysts went on this type of diet and all her cysts went.

I have no caffeine and little processed food (although sausages are my weakness). Also no sugar.

My diet is probably a little extreme, but I have other health problems. I would recommend no soya, and low carb with lots of fresh natural food and veggies. Fertility yoga might help but don't know if it's ok to do with PCOS.

I've also read that candida can mess with hormone levels and cause PCOS and fertility problems, which is why a low carb and low sugar diet works for some people. Don't know if that is true.

Oh that's interesting. You can do fertility yoga if you have pcos - it actually helps. I do it xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back