PCOS book

Discussion in 'Long Term TTC & Fertility Issues' started by nicky1987, Dec 27, 2011.

1. nicky1987

nicky1987 Well-Known Member

Ive started reading a book called PCOS a womans guide to dealing with polycystic ovary syndrome. Bought it off ebay for £2.80 and its absolutely brilliant. Definately recommend it.

Pointless post really lol. Hope youve all had a wonderful christmas and bring on 2012 for us LTTTC girlies :)

xxx

2. Gizzy Kelly

Gizzy Kelly Well-Known Member

I dont have it but my friends who do also like the pcos diet. That is good as well. I am sure there is a book about that as well. Xxxx

3. blondy13

blondy13 Well-Known Member

Hi Nicky!! Did you have a good Christmas? I've eaten wayyy too much, oops! I have a book called the ultimate PCOS handbook, it's by Collette Harris who has pcos herself so really gets it. It's just good to know more about it isn't it! I might have to invest in your book too hehe xxx

4. MissJuly10

MissJuly10 Well-Known Member

I've got the PCOS diet book by Colette Harris, started reading it but haven't carried on - to be honest it was a bit on the heavy side for me and I found it hard to try and absorb everything she was saying. :blush:

However, it IS a good book cos it's packed with info, some recipes, lists of foods to avoid/eat etc and she explains the links between lifestyle/food choices and hormones etc.

Just too much for my head to fit in lol!

x x

5. nicky1987

nicky1987 Well-Known Member

hey girls my book is by Collette Harris too - how many books does she want to write!!! It is quite heavy and uses lots of posh words so some bits i find hard to take in!!

Blondy my christmas was ok - was really dreading it as last christmas day my uncle died so i spent christmas night waiting for the undertakers to come pick him up. My grandad really stressed out about it on christmas eve and ended up in hospital :-( All ok with him now and we got through christmas! Was a very strange situation as we had fallen out with my auntie and uncle years ago but its brought us back together.

Did you girls have a good christmas?
    xxx